All about Yu-Na Kim, For those who like watching her skating

« Older   Newer »
goldendove
view post Posted on 9/6/2009, 04:34

Reighning world champion Yu-Na Kim's own show, FESTA ON ICE(FOI), started last year. Besides FESTA ON ICE, Yu-Na is going to present another grand ice show for home fans in upcoming August.

The second FOI in last April was directed by Brian Orser, and the guest skaters were Shizuka Arakawa, Stephane Lambiel, Patrick Chan, Dan Zhang & Hao Zhang, Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir, Alissa Czisny, Jeremy Abbott, Adam Rippon, etc.

This is opening show of FOI, homevideo by Aisha & Hokku from FEVERS.
(I recommend you to watch in HD.)

Yu-Na performing a new gala program, homevideo by Aisha & Hokku from FEVERS.
(recommend to watch in HD.)

As you all know, Yu-Na is the only Korean figure skater who is internationally competent. Her popularity in home country is beyond imagination. Brian Order once mentioned at an icenetwork interview that Yu-Na is a giant star in Korea and it is like walking around with Princess Diana.

No wonder FOI is the only ice show most Korean people are aware of... They don't even know the name of the show, but all the tickets for 3 days were sold out in about 30 minutes.All they care about is whether it is Yu-Na show or not.

I desperately wish Plush could join Yu-Na's show one day. It is unfortunate Plush already has a contract with Sema show. The tickets for Last year's Super Match were not sold enough that Sema had to spread out free tickets to fill in the empty arena seats. It's a shame that olympic gold medalist, three times world champion Evgeny Plushenko is not well known in Korea. But, it's sad reality indicating that figure skating is still a minor sport in my country.

This is an ice network article about Festa on Ice(Yu-Na show) and enthusiastic fans from FEVERS. Ari Zakarian should consider this when promoting Evgeny Plushenko in Korea.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp...5&vkey=ice_news

Edited by goldendove - 10/6/2009, 16:04

cekoni
view post Posted on 9/6/2009, 04:59

QUOTE (goldendove @ 9/6/2009, 05:34)
Reighning world champion Yu-Na Kim's own show, FESTA ON ICE(FOI), started last year....

... Her popularity in home country is beyond imagination. Brian Order once mentioned at an icenetwork interview that Yu-Na is a giant star in Korea and it is like walking around with Princess Diana.

I desperately wish Plush could join Yu-Na's show one day....

Ari Zakarian should consider this when promoting Evgeny Plushenko in Korea....

Thank you that you have opened this topic, inform us and the future about Yu-Na Kim - she is really a "phenomenon" in today's women's skating. :)

I saw a video where Yu-Na singing .. and that very good! :woot: She is really multi-talented person! :36_1_55.gif:

I am heard to show "FIESTA on Ice" - this is not the same show? :AddEmoticons04259.gif:

And i hope, that two champions will "unite their forces" - Plushy & Yu-Na ;)

goldendove
view post Posted on 9/6/2009, 05:43

QUOTE (cekoni @ 9/6/2009, 05:59)
Thank you that you have opened this topic, inform us and the future about Yu-Na Kim - she is really a "phenomenon" in today's women's skating. :)

I saw a video where Yu-Na singing .. and that very good! :woot: She is really multi-talented person! :36_1_55.gif:

I am heard to show "FIESTA on Ice" - this is not the same show? :AddEmoticons04259.gif:

And i hope, that two champions will "unite their forces" - Plushy & Yu-Na ;)

Thank you for encouraing!
I think Fiesta on Ice and Festa on Ice are the same.

Edited by goldendove - 9/6/2009, 07:51

dimitra
view post Posted on 9/6/2009, 12:30

why dont you write it in ari's facebook page?
although i think that there is no way he doenst know yuna's show, she is popular universally!

goldendove
view post Posted on 9/6/2009, 12:59

QUOTE (dimitra @ 9/6/2009, 13:30)
why dont you write it in ari's facebook page?

I might as well do that!
Perhaps after the competition season, after the olympics... it would be great if Plushy could come to Yu-Na's show or Yu-Na could be invited to Golden Stradivari.

Thanks for the feedback, dimi! :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

cekoni
view post Posted on 9/6/2009, 22:34

QUOTE (goldendove @ 9/6/2009, 13:59)
... it would be great if Plushy could come to Yu-Na's show or Yu-Na could be invited to Golden Stradivari.

:rolleyes: In fact, I think that Yu-Na was invited to be guest at this year's "spring" tour of "Golden Ice of Stradivary" ... but it was too "expensive" ;)

kudryavka
view post Posted on 10/6/2009, 02:07

I'd go to Yuna's show if two shows were held on near day. Someday I want to see her Dance Macabre. I think that is one of the best program in Ladies :wub:

btw, so far, I didn't know a topic that is fit to put this. Maybe it's here. "Eureka" :ph34r:

I read some Yuna's old journals which were translated into Japanese. It was written about Zhenya in 2005. I think her comment about Plushenko was pretty good...

...2005-3-19
Zhenya withdrew from Worlds which was held in his country, after interval of 100 years. It was pitiful than he missed the title of "four time world champion." I sympathize with him. Poor Zhenya :cry:
I try to believe the jinx of Men that "He cannot win Olympics if he won pre-Olympics Worlds." Hoping his injury to complete recovery!

2005-5-17

Best favorite program! Carmen is one of the most popular music in figure skating, as well as "Romeo and Juliet" and "Turandot."
Plushenko didn't follow emotion of only male character Don Jose. He became the overconfident bullfighter, Escamillo. On the other hand, he became also the beautiful Gypsy woman Carmen who tempt men sensually. And then, he became Don Jose again, who go mad for sorrow. These are, the reason why Plushenko's Carmen is special.
His target was a gold medal. However he fell at Short Program for the first time in several years. It was very difficult situation.
After SP, he couldn't see whether he can get even other medals or not. But he did a "poisoned" performance, as young genius. Ah~ I really love such a taste~!

* I have not yet read the original. So, I may not understand its nuance.

from Yags fan blog Dear Alexei...
http://arekusei.exblog.jp/5009541/

She's also a wonderful critic. What a versatile person :36_20_1.gif: :lol:

goldendove
view post Posted on 10/6/2009, 03:29

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 10/6/2009, 03:07)
I'd go to Yuna's show if two shows were held on near day. Someday I want to see her Dance Macabre. I think that is one of the best program in Ladies :wub:

Yu-Na's new show "Ice All Stars" will be held during August 14 - 16. It's about two weeks after Super Match.

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 10/6/2009, 03:07)
btw, so far, I didn't know a topic that is fit to put this. Maybe it's here. "Eureka" :ph34r:

I read some Yuna's old journals which were translated into Japanese. It was written about Zhenya in 2005. I think her comment about Plushenko was pretty good...

She's also a wonderful critic. What a versatile person :36_20_1.gif: :lol:

I do appreciate your compliments to our most beloved skater. Thank you so much for posting the journal! :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

Edited by goldendove - 10/6/2009, 15:51

Emy71
view post Posted on 10/6/2009, 12:12

CITAZIONE (goldendove @ 9/6/2009, 05:34)
But, it's sad reality indicating that figure skating is still a minor sport in my country.

Don't worry Goldendove also in Italy the figure skating is a secondary sport,. It has been successful thanks to the Oly in Turin 2006.

BTW Yu-na-kim is my preferred female skater in this moment.She is so full of energy, but elegant and perfect on the ice!!

dimitra
view post Posted on 10/6/2009, 12:33

in greece there is no figure skating sport, but all know evgeni because he was so successfull
KRUDy, please put this yuna's journal on golden skates , it is amazing, amazing :)

kudryavka
view post Posted on 10/6/2009, 15:10

QUOTE (dimitra @ 10/6/2009, 21:33)
KRUDy, please put this yuna's journal on golden skates , it is amazing, amazing :)

:blink:

You know this is a translated text from Korean into Japanese moreover it into English. So, its nuance may be a little far from the original. Indeed, Yuna's comments are fabulous though ... :P

hmm.. okay. I try to put :AddEmoticons0213.gif:

goldendove
view post Posted on 10/6/2009, 23:04

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 10/6/2009, 16:10)
hmm.. okay. I try to put

Dear kudryavka,
I did some research yesterday to find the original text.
It turned out that it wasn't written by Yu-Na herself.
It was a comment by a Plushy fan named "lord".

It seems Yu-Na was very much impressed by lord's critic and she felt the same way about Zhenya's Carmen that she scrapped the text to her own journal to share with everyone.

I can't find the whole original text, though.
Here is some sentences I found in Korean.

'그의 카르멘이 특별한 것은 그가 거만한 에스까밀로도 되었다가 관능의 카르멘이 되었다가 고뇌하는 돈 호세이기도 했기 때문이라면서, 쇼트에서의 실수로 메달 가능성이 희박한 상황에서 독기 오른 어린 천재가 보여준 스케이팅'

If you feel like putting an article about Yu-Na on other English forums, I recommend this one. :wub:

This is Kim Yu-Na Interview with monthly Korean magazine "The Musical". The interview was held before 2009 World Championships, right after 4CC. (btw, the interviewer happened to be "lord", who wrote the critic about Zhenya's Carmen. :lol: )

Image originally uploaded on the Kim Yu-Na Gallery board
Translated by the KFS

Edited by goldendove - 21/6/2009, 04:02

kudryavka
view post Posted on 11/6/2009, 01:01

QUOTE (goldendove @ 11/6/2009, 08:04)
I did some research yesterday to find the original text.
It turned out that it wasn't written by Yu-Na herself.
It was a comment by a Plushy fan named "lord".

It seems Yu-Na was very much impressed by lord's critic and she felt the same way about Zhenya's Carmen that she scrapped the text to her own journal to share with everyone.

Kamsamnida! Komassumida! (right? :D )
I wonder if I should tell it to that Yags fan :rolleyes: She seems to be Yuna's and also Korean pop culture's fan!
Anyway, that's to say, Yuna has a sensitivity that is similar to "lord" :36_1_13.gif:

QUOTE (goldendove @ 11/6/2009, 08:04)
This is Kim Yu-Na Interview with monthly Korean magazine "The Musical". The interview was held before 2009 World Championships, right after 4CC. (btw, the interviewer happened to be "lord", who wrote the critic about Zhenya's Carmen. :lol: )

:woot:
Very interesting, thanks!!!! I didn't know she likes Ice dancing so far. I think it helps to bring up her artistry :36_1_55.gif:
btw ... I have some questions. Is "lord" female? And, is "lord" pro sports journalist ?? :AddEmoticons04259.gif: I want to know her/his site if she/he has it!!! goldendove, if you found it, please tell me~~ :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

goldendove
view post Posted on 11/6/2009, 03:49

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 11/6/2009, 02:01)
Kamsamnida! Komassumida! (right? :D )

You're welcome! It's my pleasure! :kaos-pika27.gif:

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 11/6/2009, 02:01)
btw ... I have some questions. Is "lord" female? And, is "lord" pro sports journalist ?? :AddEmoticons04259.gif: I want to know her/his site if she/he has it!!! goldendove, if you found it, please tell me~~ :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

"lord" is the administrator of Evgeny Plushenko fan site "Holym".

http://irue.cafe24.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=freebbs060313

Holym is one of the oldest figure skating website for Korean fans that was created back in 2003, even before Yu-Na made her senior debut.

I didn't know "lord" was a journalist until I read above Yuna interview, and I'm not so sure whether she is a professional journalist. The Musical is, as you can see by its title, a magazine writing about muscials from broadway, westend and Korean theater scene, not to mention various performing arts. Hope this information is helpful enough for you. :)

Airiny
view post Posted on 18/6/2009, 21:55

Don't worry Goldendove also in Italy the figure skating is a secondary sport,. It has been successful thanks to the Oly in Turin 2006.

Lucky you! In Serbia figure skating doesn’t exist :AddEmoticons04219.gif:

Yu-Na Kim is my favourite female skater and definitly she was my favourite on WC 2009.
Here is the video of her, skating on Moonlight, also one of my favourite piece :)

Photobucket

33 replies since 9/6/2009, 04:34   8753 views