Interviews & Magazines, (old and new)

« Older   Newer »
Akumu Black
view post Posted on 3/3/2010, 18:41

Thank you Cekoni and Laura for the new article!
Actually the fact that he is in politics always bothered me a bit :( But it's likely that he's leaving for not opening more ways for the western journalists to criticize him.
And the wonderful thing is
CITAZIONE
"must left the membership in Parliament, and engage in sports."

:kaos-pika33.gif:
Maybe it's not true that he no longer wants to be a deputy but... Well, I prefer him in sports :AddEmoticons04263.gif: (also because it means that his career can continue for so looooooong... :shifty: )

cekoni
view post Posted on 3/3/2010, 19:08

QUOTE (Akumu Black @ 3/3/2010, 18:41)
... But it's likely that he's leaving for not opening more ways for the western journalists to criticize him....

I think that he was have more problems in Russia, because the opponents of his party ;)

... at least one less reason to hate him there some "patients" :lol:

dimitra
view post Posted on 3/3/2010, 23:50

Thanx to Ximena for Translation on Epd

http://evgenyplushenkodevotion.yuku.com/sr...S-related-.html

press conference of Mishin

www.fontanka.ru/2010/03/03/150

Mishin knows why the domestic sports is a limping dog

An illiterate management in the sport has led to the failure of our national team at the Olympic Games in Vancouver, says the famous coach Alexei Mishin, for which the world of figure skating has long called "Professor".

Meeting with journalists, Alexei Mishin does not conceal the fact that at the Olympics in Sochi, the country can come up with a decent athlete, with respect to figure skating. Of course, talking about the men, the only savior is Evgeni Plushenko, who decided to return to the sport after a three-year hiatus. There is hope for the young and rising generation, but they have yet to find its niche in the European Championship. In the meantime, "no one can take up Plushenko's post".

The domestic sport is a bow-legged dog that limps and has three legs: "lagging behind in the methodological aspects", one leg, "works badly in the organzing employement both for coaches and young athletes" - that's the second leg, and on top of it - an imperfect law - that's three. The fourth leg, are Olympic heroes and sports stars, that has to stand on the other three wobbly legs. Everything, according to Mishin, the result of poor management.

About cutting heads of sports officials after the Olympic Games, he tries to avoid talking about saying that he won't to argue with the decisions of the president, that supposedly know better. However, commenting on information about the head of the Olympic Committee Leonid Tyagachev, Mishin stated: "Tyagachev departure is the result of his management skills."

Sport has become a production, a skating rink - the factory. It needs first a proper leadership so the goods are released with quality, believes the coach. However is not as simply as to just pour money into the sport, it is not enough, Mishin looks at it more globally: "Before we need to feed, clothed and give shoes to those who pick in the garbage to live and only then to start building stadiums."

And still need to support promising athletes from a young age and before World Cup championship, and at all levels (from local to federal). Mishin proposes to look for "stars" and give them the status of "Olympic Hopes". News on all stages, giving them the opportunity to train, not as much as it should be, but as much as they want. And the more the better. To support these athletes financially.

What is happening at this stage of stagnation of national sport, in professional terms could be described as: "As in the biathlon, we missed and then we went to a penalty circle, but soon we will come up again to the main track", - concluded Alexei Mishin. As for the prospects of Sochi-2014 regarding his pupil Evgeni Plushenko, the trainer saying that everything can change, because a year ago the doctors said that Evgeni that it would be very difficult to come back because of injuries. The whole team is "necessary not only to scratch, but to execute Bulgarian dance on hot coals. The main thing is to find a good choreographer.

http://spb.kp.ru/video/418216/

Edited by dimitra - 5/3/2010, 10:24

dimitra
view post Posted on 4/3/2010, 00:17

Other news

St. Petersburg Legislative Assembly as well as the Parliament wants to give Evgeni a special award.
Vadim Tyulpanov is the leader of "United Russia" in the St. Petersburg parliament and he is going to ask to give Evgeni the Order for the services of the fatherland in IV degree. Which is this medal

Order “for the services to the fatherland” OF IV of degree.

cekoni
view post Posted on 4/3/2010, 12:48

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_d...0030301007.html
Mar. 03, 2010 12:48 KST

Mao Asada Aims for Quadruple Jump

Olympic silver medalist Mao Asada of Japan has pledged to perform a quadruple in the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia to claim gold. A quadruple jump is so difficult that even many male skaters opted out of it in this year's Olympics.

Japanese media reported on Monday that Asada practiced jumps with Evgeni Plushenko, who won a silver medal in the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.

Plushenko's quadruple jumps are legendary. After he won gold in the 2006 Olympics in Turin, he came back to defend the title, but ended up with silver. In the official practice for the figure skating exhibition gala, he easily nailed a quadruple toe loop. Asada and Plushenko took pictures together, Asada kissing him on the cheek. After the practice, Asada said, "I was happy to skate with him, and it was great to watch his skating and quadruple jump close up."

Plushenko was quoted as saying, "Although she seems to have trouble with landings, she has sharp rotations. I can help. I would love to train with her if she wants to."
The foremost goal for Asada is to perfect her triple axel; the quad comes next. It is still uncertain whether she will be able to do a quad with Plushenko's help, but if she does, she will be one of the favorites to win gold in 2014.

-----------------------------------------

Triple Axel or Quad? :AddEmoticons04259.gif: :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

rollerbladerunner
view post Posted on 4/3/2010, 15:07

CITAZIONE (cekoni @ 4/3/2010, 12:48)
Mao Asada Aims for Quadruple Jump

Olympic silver medalist Mao Asada of Japan has pledged to perform a quadruple in the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia to claim gold. A quadruple jump is so difficult that even many male skaters opted out of it in this year's Olympics.

so in Sochi she can do a change with Lysacek, Mao will compete with males and he can do all his triples in female competition (gh gh gh..I know, sometimes I'm a little evil! :P )
:36_11_6.gif: :36_1_13.gif:

Akumu Black
view post Posted on 4/3/2010, 20:36

CITAZIONE (rollerbladerunner @ 4/3/2010, 15:07)
so in Sochi she can do a change with Lysacek, Mao will compete with males and he can do all his triples in female competition (gh gh gh..I know, sometimes I'm a little evil! :P )
:36_11_6.gif: :36_1_13.gif:

Actually I was thiking about the same thing :AddEmoticons04263.gif: ILU!

Anuradha dil se
view post Posted on 4/3/2010, 21:21

I would LOVE to see Mao's quadruple jump! So COOL!!! :B):

Akumu Black
view post Posted on 5/3/2010, 00:14

CITAZIONE (Anuradha dil se @ 4/3/2010, 21:21)
I would LOVE to see Mao's quadruple jump! So COOL!!! :B):

Seconded! Until now she landend something a bit over... uhm... 3 and a half, but she's on the good way! :36_1_55.gif:

HXM
view post Posted on 7/3/2010, 22:24

Recent articles from our news papers which I have scanned

imageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimage

dimitra
view post Posted on 7/3/2010, 23:15

thanx hen, great pics!
what do they say in article?

lilaa
view post Posted on 7/3/2010, 23:27

thanks for the scans Hen :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

cekoni
view post Posted on 8/3/2010, 22:27

QUOTE (dimitra @ 7/3/2010, 23:15)
thanx hen, great pics!
what do they say in article?

"Putin is my Tzar" :lol:

dimitra
view post Posted on 8/3/2010, 22:35

WHAT???
oh god...

HXM
view post Posted on 8/3/2010, 22:50

YEs it is :rolleyes:

They asked him > Putin is your friend. How he is<
Plush - I told you only word - tzar. He is for me a russian tzar, no matter if he is president or prime minister. He changed and raised Russia and "under" him there is better life. We have always problems, but which country dont have? America has them a lot too.

M - Barack Obama solve them there. What do you think about him?
Plush - I dont interested what is in USA. I interest only what is in Russia. Obama? That is not my job. :lol:

I can translate it whole.... in wednesday maybe.... I hope :rolleyes: :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

177 replies since 14/12/2008, 00:01   7847 views