Interviews & Magazines, (old and new)

« Older   Newer »
kudryavka
view post Posted on 15/12/2009, 05:55

QUOTE (cekoni @ 15/12/2009, 10:42)
:o: And I thought, that this just seems to me! :woot: I'm glad, that I'm not alone in my "paranoia" :D :lol:
Kudryavka ... I adore your thoroughness :wub: ^_^

She wanted to support Russian pair (Anton and Elena) in her book "Light and shadow on the ice." Many Japanese figure skating fans read her book and a lot of readers agreed with her view. So, don't worry cekoni, you are not alone, at least in Russia and Japan. :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

btw, I didn't study English well at school. So I'm afraid that if I made many mistakes :ph34r:

cekoni
view post Posted on 15/12/2009, 06:41

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 15/12/2009, 05:55)
So, don't worry cekoni, you are not alone, at least in Russia and Japan. :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

btw, I didn't study English well at school. So I'm afraid that if I made many mistakes :ph34r:

You're certainly better than the Google translator :lol:

I worse know English than you, and I am even "english admin" on the Plushy's official forum :woot: :ph34r: (sometimes I was ashamed image - I would like that someone correct me, when I make an obvious grammatical error, etc. ... ;))

cekoni
view post Posted on 22/12/2009, 19:51

Latest scan (by Max) from the magazine "Hello" No.51 22.12.2009. - Plushy and Jana at home ;)
... "finally" - very nice pictures of Plushy ^_^ :wub:
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/img/skan/big/112.jpg

Some parts from there ... ;)
Evgeni:

.".. I recently learned, that she (former wife) had, for some reason, again took my surname. Maybe in the company it is easier to be Maria Plushenko, I do not have objection. The main thing is that she allowed me to see my son. This week's I going to put him on skates, let's skating...

... It has become easier. Former wife, at least, stopped to call me in front of my son - "uncle" .... already said: "Father came". But the son, in my opinion, still not completely understood, what I am to him..."

P.S. Hen, Plushy mention your Košice in a very "important context" :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

P.S.S. Yana was confused Japanese and Korean fans :lol: (before the Korean got "undeserved" praise for the Japanese photomontages - now the poor Orange omitted ;))

Edited by cekoni - 22/12/2009, 20:20

lilaa
view post Posted on 22/12/2009, 21:15

They both look very nice in this photos ^_^ Evgeni is so cute, he looks great :wub: :wub: :wub:

dimitra
view post Posted on 22/12/2009, 21:49

QUOTE (cekoni @ 15/12/2009, 06:41)
So, don't worry cekoni, you are not alone, at least in Russia and Japan. :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

You're certainly better than the Google translator :lol:

I worse know English than you, and I am even "english admin" on the Plushy's official forum :woot: :ph34r: (sometimes I was ashamed image - I would like that someone correct me, when I make an obvious grammatical error, etc. ... ;))

you dont make any major english mistake in plush forum to correct, dont worry :B):

what do they say on interveiw?
can you cut only the pic with the bears?i want to post in gs!i dont have photoshop here

cekoni
view post Posted on 22/12/2009, 21:58

QUOTE (dimitra @ 22/12/2009, 21:49)
you dont make any major english mistake in plush forum to correct, dont worry :B):

what do they say on interveiw?
can you cut only the pic with the bears?i want to post in gs!i dont have photoshop here

Excellent, do not be shy to tell me ;)

Later I will translate, it if there is something more interesting (except what I have already translated about his son) :B):

Edited by cekoni - 22/12/2009, 22:14

cekoni
view post Posted on 3/1/2010, 03:25

Very long interview with Yana, wife of Evgeni ... about everything ;)

http://others.sport-express.ru/reviews/3235/
(translation by Ximena: ^_^ http://evgenyplushenkodevotion.yuku.com/to...II.html?page=17)

Yana Rudkovskaya: Interestingly, how is Plushenko kisses?

- Do you remember, when was the first time you have seen Evgeni?
- I do, it was at the 2002 Olympic Games. I was in Germany with my mum. We were watching figure skating and supporting Plushenko, I was supporting him and not Yagudin. I remember I said to my mun: "Mum, I want him to win very much. Look Evgeni looks so much like an elf, though he has a very big nose, I wonder how he kiss then?" That's what I was thinking...

- When you met Evgeni in person that impression is lost.
- You mean about the nose?

- Yes. And in general, Plushenko is a very charming person.
- I aboslutely agree with you. I was convinced of it, when I got to meet Evgeni personally.

When did you know that he will be more than a friend for you?
Now it seems to me that it was at first sight! At the first hour! I never felt like that and I think the same happened with Evgeni. Little after we met in London, we were holding hands. Dima Bilan sang on the Trafalgar area, and Plushenko was representing Sochi-2014 - along with Rodnina and Slutskaya. By the way, I still had the photo that we took the first minutes when I met Evgeni. Even then I knew how much I got "hooked" on him, it was an incredible feeling.

- He was easy to talk to?
- Very easy. And he was quite insistent that he wanted to be friends with me.

- What features of him you find unique?
- It amazes me what a kind person he is. I have never met that kind of man. I have many friends and acquaintances but Evgeni is very special in his nature. For example, Dima Bilan has also a very kind heart, but Evgeni is in general ready to help everybody. He has such a huge heart that God has given to very few people.-

- What case has surprised you lately about that?
- He surprises me every day. For example, he has offered a very large money to two churches in St.-Petersburg. A huge sum.

- Someone asked him to?
- That's just the point, none did. He saw by himself what a hard time they were going through and Evgeni is a believer so he made that decision by himself.

- How much did he give?
- I can't tell you that, he won't be happy about it.

- Then let's talk about something else. Do you think Plushenko will be Olympic champion again?
- Certainly! I do not doubt about that at all!

- But he has said in an interview that even Olympic bronze will be a fine result.
- It would be good as well, considering he already has gold and silver. Thene he will ger a complete set of medals, and Plushenko will still make history, he will become then a legend. But then again, I don't think he is going to Vancouver for a bronze...

- Do you remember the moment when he told you about returning to compete?
- For a long time he didn't. Though he had previously tried several time to come back to amateurs, but then his injuries, his kneews, he had to go to Germany to get surgery...so to come back was not an spontaneous decision of his part. It didn't happen in one day, not long ago he was not motivated towards it.

- And it appeared thanks to you?
- The motivation appeared, when I told him "Evgeni, you are not a two times Olympic champion, and you can" There has not been a two time Olympic champioon in more than fifty years, right?

- Even more.
- Yes and what kind of jumps they had? No difficult combinations. Figure skating was at absolutely another level. And now - what a fight!

- Is anyone helping Plushenko? Does he has any sponsors?
- I agreed with Oriflame who will sponsor Evgeni for two years. He does not have other sponsors.

- Plushenko's comeback has been quite criticise, is there something particular that has been written that has bothered you?
- What was very unpleasant was when someone has written that Evgeni was given five millions dollars to comeback, it's such nonsense. The only amount of money they have given him is 45 thousand roubles for medicines, nothing more. He skates after such a terrible injury, he constantly has shots and people still grin saying: "There's nothing he can't..."

- And does that bothers you?
- Very much. And after all on the Olympic Games Evgeni will represent Russia, he is our hope in Vancouver.

- Who has written about these five millions dollars?
- You know, I'm so used to people writing garbage about me, Dima Bilan and Evgeni that I don't read about it carefully anymore, so I don't remember who wrote about that. But I see, how the Japanese media writes about their stars, and the French care about Joubert, none there is upset about, on the contrary, they only support them! I thought that envy and a rage happenned only in show business, but as it appeared, also happens in sports very much.

- Were you in the Munich clinic where Evgeni got his injections for his knees?
- Of course I was.

- That should have been a very horrible scene to see.
- Do you think it's not longer painful? Do you know how many injections he has gotten? And even then he still skates through an inhuman amount of pain. I can't even begin to imagine what would Evgeni be able to create on the ice if he could live without the pain.
You know, Evgeni is a man, with a capital M. This man, is a very brave one. He is not just the Olympic champion but a great sportsman. You can comeback to sports when you have your full health and sponsors have actually offer you 5 million dollars. But Plushenko came back with his injuries, without any hope of financial help. Has refused all shows offered to him, though now there are huge money offers to skate in Japan and America.

- Has Evgeni been with you on your court dates?
- He's been once, he has helped me very much morally.

- Are you getting a house?
- We already have one, and we are building a second one. On the lake. It will be very big, for all the family.

- Does Evgeni manages to see his son now?
- I don't want to talk about that subject.

- The last year you and Evgeni separated for two months, were you worried?
- Yes.

- But you knew that you'll get back together?
- Well, yes and no.

- Why?
- Reason was telling me that we won't but my heart said that we will, that we have to.

- You are a very frank person, what was the reason you separated?
- That's a question that neither me or Evgeni can find the answer to. He decided to be separated but he doesn't know why

- What does Evgeni says?
- That he wanted to check for himself. It was then, probably, the most terrible period of my life, anything more horrible I can't remember. I had my worst days at the court and at the same time at the "Stars on ice" show on which by the way I think people were biased in a negative way towards me.

- Were you "condemned" because of it?
- Yes. All everything was so hard and many people were saying "You were so tense". And how else could I be when they have taken my children away from me and then my favourite person left me? Who in such situation could not be under pressure? I, to tell you the truth, thought that I will not survive it at all. And I didn't want to either.

- And you had to smile about it?
- Yes. To pretend that all was good with me. Evgeni and I agreed that till the end of December we weren't going to say a word that we had separated. I gave interviews, went to tv shows and said: "I'm sure that Evgeni will go to the Olympic Games and will win. Everything is good with us.." And actually all was awful. I'm not used to lying and that was even worse.

- How did Evgeni react?
- He then admitted that he has read all my interviews, it was interesting to him that I didn't say anything bad about him.

- You didn't say anything bad?
- No a word. If we have broken up definetely I think we could have stay in good relations, but we could have hardly be close friends. I loved him too much, I still do! Therefore to see Evgeni would have been too heavy, just too painfull. All our dialogue would have been reduced to telephone conversations: "Hello, how are you?" Though I so have seen many couples that after breaking up have had no problems talking.

- What did Evgeni say about this situation?
- He explained that he didn't want to be wrong again. He made me understand that he had very strong feelings about me but he didn't want to feel deceit again. As if I would have take advantage of something. But that was absolutely not my case. I am a wounded animal, I have suffered much already so I try not cause pain to people. Maybe what Evgeni said was the reason we got separated but I think there's something else.

- How did you get back together?
- We agree that will talk only till December, 31st. But what did we talk? We didn't even call each other, unless every now or then that I will write him a text: "The tv show will be there and bring this and that", and then we met on "Stars on Ice" on November 3rd, in his birthday.

- Did you have a gift for him?
- I gave Evgeni a very nice cellphone. He was surprised: "But why? We are sort of separated and you gave me this expensive gift..." And so I told him that he can take it as a souvenir from me, and then I flew to another country.

- Alone?
- Yes. And Evgeni stayed that day in Moscow to meet some friends. And the suddenly he start to call me:"I can not be without you. I can not, at all. Where have you fly to?"

- You met then?
- Evgeni has told me: "I won't leave Moscow without you. We need to talk". He waited and we me, and every since then we have not been apart anymore, not even for one minute.

- You even look for treasures together, Evgeni has said that.
- About that, it was Evgeni's terrific idea. It was a one in a life adventure for me. He bought metal detectors, and in the morning we left and there was none else there, in a Swedish village under Peter, 600 years old. You couldn't even get a phone signal there.

- You were sort of lost to your family?
- Nobody could phone, while we wandered through swamps in huge boots. We left at 6 am and came back at 9 pm. Fifteen kilometres by foot.

- Was it difficult?
- Very much. The thickets were terrible.

- What did you dig out?
- Ancient flasks, coins. You know, Evgeni is overflowed with ideas, he is a very creative person. It is so interesting to be near him! We play tennis, we go bowling, we search for treasures...It's like he is just making real all his childhood's dream, it's a little bit distracting. Evgeni no longer goes clubbing or to parties.

- And where does he go now?
- Sometimes into a restaurant, we invite his parents.But in general now he is focused only with sports and a victory in Vancouver. In his head there's only his new programs, ideas, jumps, combinations... If he gets distracted is by absolutely amazing things like search for treasures. He'll find a coin and get happy, like a child, and I get happy likewise.

- Do the coins worth something?
- The important thing is that we have found them. There were coins from Ekaterina II's time, clearly in a bad condition. Rare enough coins from the time of Paul the first. Also coins from the time of Peter the great.... there was a hairpin, 250 years old.

- All in one time?
- No, sometimes. There are moments that we just wander around and find only two coins, once we got 11. The most interesting thing is that we once found a pot and Evgeni said "It's a pot of money!", and we thought that we actually found a treasure but then we opened the pot and there was just dirt, nothing else.

- That's great. Where are those coins now?
- At home. After the Olympic Games we will go for sure and search for treasures again. Perhaps it sounds ridiculously sounds, but it's a good "high". We study the history, we try to understand, how in this place there could be something. Then we will tell the story to our children.

- Do you go with Evgeni to them parks?
- Once we were together in Sweden and there have this horrible attraction, I don't like them in general, but for Evgeni nothing is horrible. You see, you sat in an armchair and with your feet hanging in the air, they fasten you up and you slow go monstrously highly, I thought it was 250 meters and then out of nowhere, you fall down!

- It's nice for a fan.
- I thought that I will turn grey, to tell you the truth. But it was pleasant to Evgeni, he has told me: "Go, go, I'll still a couple of rides". I understood then that he was an Olympic champion. But it became especially clear to me on Eurovision.

- Why?
- It's not difficult to shake us up, but Evgeni, he is completely quiet and calm about it all, even at the press conferences when there were many provocations.

- For example?
- There is one Danish journalist who hates me since 2006. And so he then has declared that Dima Bilan won't even makes it to top 10. And I have answered: Dima will win or be second place.

- In 2006 he was second.
- Yes. And the Finnish group Lordi won [I love them!] You remember those dressed as monsters? Then someone has told that among monsters, Dima was second place, but among people, first. Actually I consider that the success that year was not less than in 2008 when Bilan won.

- So about that journalist?
- He was making me so mad. When we were at the press conference in Belgrad on the eve of the semi-final. This journalist hold up his hand, looks at Bilan and says "Dima, why are you here? Do you honestly think you can win? They have brought Plushenko and we think, what else are you going to do?" And at first he said "Dima" and then he said "Excuse me, Victor".

- Because of the issue about the name of Bilan?
- Just about and Dima under that kind of pressure has turned a little puzzled. Took the microphone and said: "I don't know what to answer, I'm an smart person but I'm going to say all I think about you..." And Plushenko interrupted him and said "Wait, wait, give me the microphone and I will answer it because my name has been mentioned"

- Did Evgeni choose the right words?
- He said: "On the Olympic Games in 2002 I became the second place. In 2006 I went again and I won. Dima that time was second place and now he will win, I'm sure of it. Moreover 'Victor' mean 'the winner". He sounded so powerful! In such good English!

- How did the hall reacted?
- The all have applauded. The Serbian journalist has risen and said: "Friends, look at the Serbian flag, if we turn it, it because the Russian one and I think we all going to be there next year". After that episode and the last stage of the competition, Dima was the leader. The hero of all covers. When the guys came to the press conference, everyone in the hall rose.

- Have you read his book?
- I did and I will tell you what I said to Evgeni. At the beggining, his book was twice as thick, he has said everything. He reviewed once, twice, a third time and then Ari, his manager has called and said: "Evgeni you need to edit this, this person can get offended, edit this and that..."

- Was it necessary to edit?
- It wasn't. I explained to him "Evgeni if you want this book to turn into a best seller, it has to be pleasant to the public so you can't edit anything. You have to write it as it is".

- You also wrote your own book?
- I wrote frankly though a lot of people regretted it. But it was good nonetheless. If Eugene had not allowed to edit the manuscript, the book would have appeared much more interestingly. And it turned out dryish. And rugged. The core of Plushenko was a little lost. So we will necessarily republish it as it was intended.

- After Vancouver?
- Yes. And there Evgeni will reveal all secrets. A secret from him, and judging by the stories, he has had many secrets. Many will shudder. The only people who know about them are me and his parents.

- You bright people. So for sure your gifts for each other have to be something unexpected.
- We like very much to give each other gifts. Zhenya often gives me something. I will always remember that on February 14th of this year, he gave me 600 roses.

- 600?!
- Yes! I was simply in shock! When all these roses have appeared at home, we got all the family to arrange them. Evgeni is capable of such bright acts that to everyone is clear that he is an unique person.

- And do you surprise him with your gifts?
- He usually says what he wants for a gift.

- Like?
- We've actually agreed that before I buy him soething I will ask him: "What would you like?" He has recently bought a new car so he told me: "We need a bodykit" so I asked him "Is that what you want for your birthday?", "yes"

- And he got one?
- He chose the most stunning bodykit and I paid for it. Now I know that he says to everyone: "Yana gave me this car"

- Does it means that he has replaced his Mercedes with something new?
- He stil has his Mercedes, he just has bought a jeep.

- What did he gave you for your wedding?
- Oh, we had many gifts … Sergey Mihajlovich Mironov collects vases, and gaves us a very interesting one, it's huge. It's in our home now. The Olympic committee has handed over beautiful vases of very unusual form - in the form of skate.

- I once saw you and Evgeni with a bodyguard. Have you ever been thankful to have a bodyguard with you?
- I have to be protected. Before I didn't need one, I lived with a very known and wealthy man, thus I used to have an sports car that I drove with my children. I didn't need any protection. But now there are courts, and I began to worry about my life, these are dangerous times, Do you think I like to have often with me a bodyguard? And to pay him a lot of money?

- What story about Evgeni's past has surprised you the most?
- There has been so many stories. I was surprised to have learnt about his life in a communal flat. That his mum and him never had enough money and they have to split an apple so they both could eat, that they collected bottles for a living. All that surprised me because I have grown in a very provided family, my dad was a military pilot …

- Did he earned a lot of money?
- He was the deputy chief of the flight school. Mum was a candidate of medical sciences for a very known doctor. My grandfather was the deputy minister of industry. I eat black caviar, I had beautiful expensive things. In general, I never was in need of anything. So I am surprised about Evgeni's parents, to have brought up such person. Have made of him a great sportsman. Did everything so he could study and train in St.-Petersburg. You have to see how much Evgeni worries and cared about his parents. It is an example of how it is necessary to love and support. Evgeni is an amazing son.

- And have you seen him cry?
- Once. It was real man's tears, miserly. But it was a very private moment and I won't talk about it.

- Evgeni used to adore motorcycles.
- He still does. We have a whole garage full of them. Some of them were gifts and some he has bought. But I do not like extreme sports, I've become very cautious, I have two children after all. I can't allow that by some stupid accident they are left without one. But Evgeni do like extreme a little bit.

- You don't forbid him?
- In general it is impossible to forbid something to him. And it is not necessary, I always let him do what he wants.

- Evgeni said that before the Olympic Games he has given up alcohol.
- Yes.

- Was it your idea?
- It's all him.

- It's not a great feat, but there's something heroic about it.
- You think so? It seems to me that it is an usual act of an strong person. .

- In your book there is a recommendation: at the last page, to wash up hands because show business is a dirty piece.
- I am am amazed about it every day, though I'm not one to complain about work and fate. I see it happen but I don't take part on it, I try to stay clean and away from it, that's the important thing.

- Is there something, that prevents you to be completely happy?
- To be away from my children. And the courts days which seem endless.

lilaa
view post Posted on 3/1/2010, 14:03

Some parts of the interview are very nice, but in some other moments I really don't like what she's saying -_-

cekoni
view post Posted on 4/1/2010, 21:04

QUOTE (lilaa @ 3/1/2010, 14:03)
Some parts of the interview are very nice, but in some other moments I really don't like what she's saying -_-

This is a "problem" with her ;) ... or us? :wacko: <_< :P

cekoni
view post Posted on 1/2/2010, 09:53

Zhenya's interview... ^_^

2010-02-01 'Utro Rosii' interview with Plushy (RTR Planeta).avi
www.mediafire.com/download.php?qz53vwmgedn

Plushy did not say anything particularly new, except that he "examine" the strengths and weaknesses of his opponents - everyone has own a unique quality element ... win be someone, who gathered in itself more quality elements :B):

HXM
view post Posted on 1/2/2010, 10:55

here are scans from our news papers

imageimageimage

cekoni
view post Posted on 2/2/2010, 07:07

www.vesti.ru/videos?vid=257726

2010-02-01 interview with Plushy (Rossiya 24).flv:
www.mediafire.com/download.php?mjwe0kl1mo4

I will translate later... ;)

Anuradha1978
view post Posted on 2/2/2010, 12:47

Nice to hear, what Yana say in that interview. ^_^

cekoni
view post Posted on 2/2/2010, 22:04

QUOTE (cekoni @ 2/2/2010, 07:07)
www.vesti.ru/videos?vid=257726

2010-02-01 interview with Plushy (Rossiya 24).flv:
www.mediafire.com/download.php?mjwe0kl1mo4

I will translate later... ;)

... translation... :rolleyes:

Question about returning to competition, such as Tornvil-Dean ... whether he not have the fear of return?
- Plushy lists and other returns - Petrenko, Browning, Boitano ... says that it is true that returns were not always successful... "But I want to say, to me, for now - all occur successfully... (he tap with finger of wood :lol:) ... 5 contests, all wins. What will happen at the Olympics? I already proved, that man can so much - that I can return, and with a lot of work and wants - I can achieve good results. The result is that I became the sixth time European champion, the eighth time champion of Russia ... it is also valuable. Therefore, with any result to reach the Olympics, I will be satisfied - and the third, and second place, but of course, I will fight for first place ... I will fight for good skating. But I think that is about my return, still much talked, and will, for long time."

So, for you applies Olympic principle - "it is important to participate"?
- Plushy: "For me this is the third Olympics, and major participation. Some journalists say that I will lose my Olympic medal ... who will take me her? I already have the silver and gold from the Olympics ... and if there I win something else, it will certainly be good - as a kind of bonus. But and only participation in the third Olympics is already a good thing."

There is an opinion that programs of Lambiel's and Jouber's technically harder than your program?
- Plushy: "Naturally, no one expected that I would be good to skate, no one wanted. In world of figure skating, again name "Plushenko", probably is not very interesting. Why? Because in America, for example, the business of figure skating falls, in Canada also drops. In Europe - so-so. After the Olympics 2006, began some crazy projects on all channels has been skating very popular. A lot of the show appeared. Why? Because after the Olympics were three gold medals and one bronze. Of course, this result was not have any other country. So, naturally, all countries want to see their athletes that they stood on a pedestal, beacuse after that will be good business. This is normal.
Not all judges expect good skating from me...."
(next paragraph I would not clearly understand - I hope that I have roughly translated) :unsure:
"Here, for example, marks for the transition - and I and Joubert have the same transition, and if judges give me a score 8.25, and to him 8.60, for an equal difficulties of the most banal Cross Roll steps (?) ... What does it mean? That I can perform better or worse steps, three years later later - not, as it was such then, and remained the same. This is the one ... Also Lambel ... he is a great skater, but if in the short program, he dont jump 3.5 Axel, than doubled him, not jump cascade with quad, made a mistake in the third jump, when the heels touched the ice ... and they put him in 5th place - is it fair? With such errors, he would normally take place 8-9 ... And after short program, to me it was all clear - I'll must to skate the best you can, head better ... and whether the judges raise score to someone, and it could be expected, and it will always be. I heard that some letter was written to Cinquanta's, about unfair assessments, and that he must to draw attention to the judges to be more objective for the future... that a man, who does not perform 3 elements put on the to 5th place, and that to another man, who has the same dificultay steps, give greater score... that was wrong."

Can we expect a complex cascade, jumps on Oly?
- Plushy: "I will perform what I have already performed at the European Championships, plus I have to do the steps (transition) to be much better than others, that would not happened, that others undeservedly get better scores than me .... and I need everything what I can to show, and transfer all from the training to the Olympics."

Olympics - it's still more rivals from Japan and from America. Evgeni Plushenko did not hide the fact that monitors the performances of its competitors on the other side of the ocean.
- "Of course, I watch all athletes. I know how all skate, and do not watch the first year, and not the first time. I was perormed with them and skate. It's promising athletes, and 10 athletes from around the world will claim the top three on the podium. It's the Canadians, Americans and Japanese, one Swiss, a Frenchman. Two Frenchmen. Therefore, all will be ready, everything will be fighting. But my goal - not to compete with them. My goal - to make my own composition, which I can able.

cekoni
view post Posted on 15/2/2010, 08:10

From here ;) : #entry377945232

QUOTE (cekoni @ 14/2/2010, 22:36)
Yevgeny Plushenko Interview
Yevgeny Plushenko sits down with NBC for an extended interview to discuss his career and why he came back for more Olympic gold in Vancouver"

VIDEO: www.nbcolympics.com/video/assetid=2...henko+interview

I can't see this video! :AddEmoticons04219.gif:

Transcript of Zhenya' interview - 25 minutes! :woot: :AddEmoticons04263.gif: ... but I still continue want to see him :unsure:

Thanks to solstrom & immoimeme from EPD :wub:
This is very nice, relaxed interview....

==============

I am back to amateur sport. Actually, the biggest problem is of my wife. [smiling] My wife, Yana we live together 3 years already, so (I) married her [we married this year], and one day she said "Well, Evgeni, you know, you have all titles, Worlds, Olympic, Europeans, Nationals, it's great. Great. Are you sure you don't want skate any more, like amateur?" I said [holding hands out like pushing the thought away] "No, no, no, no way. Enough, enough, enough." And, she said, "You know, it's great, great. But... [gets a look in his eyes like, "uh-oh, here comes the kicker!"] ) you are not 2-time Olympic champion. And, you know, in your life is gonna be - maybe is gonna be - third Olympic games. You can skate there." And I decided, [gets a look in his eyes like, hmmmmmm] well, maybe I can try. So, the problem, again, of my wife. [smiling-he likes the problem of his wife LOL] She - she says, and she back [ask] me, again, of my life, amateur sport, figure skating, and you know I am happy. [deep breath, smiling eyes] I am happy because right now I have in the competition, I have great - I have great atmosphere. Great adrenaline. This sport to life is something different. You can compete, you can win, you can lose. [more smiling eyes] Like, you know, you risk it. You like, you like playing. And you can win, you can lose. You know, I like gambling, [very smiling eyes, here comes the punch line] and biggest problem in Russia we don't have casino right now. (Laughs) So I think I need move to United States to Las Vegas and play there. So - that's joke [joking] .

My mom... [shaking head, look of amusement, smiling] well, before she says, like, "Don't do it. Don't do it. [shaking head, very serious now] Because you understand, it's gonna be hard. Injures, everyday training." And she said "Evgeni, I think you don't need this." And my wife, again, she like [very perky, upbeat] "Hello, Mama! I need to speak with you! [waving finger around like, Mama, listen to me now!] No, he need. He NEED. [pointing finger down on each "need"] He need to go to the practice, he need to work again, again, again. And he - he loves skate [He gonna skate] . (Wanna/gonna) [Gonna] perform at Olympic games." [ in imitation of his mom, throws hands up in gesture of resignation, like "Ah! what can I do with this boy!"] And after one month my practice, my mom says like [very-mom like LOL-- you know how YOUR mother is when you're doing something she doesn't wholeheartedly approve of but she knows you're going to do it anyway LOL] "So, how are you, on the practice? How's your jumps?" I say "OK, no problem." [don't worry, mom! LOL] I said [to myself] "OK. You need to work. You need to work. And so, I'm here." [gestures like, I worked, I'm here, what other result could you expect? LOL]

You know, it's completely different when you perform in a show, when you're touring, its completely different [than] competition. Competition you skated not only for audience, not only for judge[, you ]skate for yourself, and you skate, you perform, for your country. And here, you need to think, you need to do everything clean. Because country is back. [meaning, your country is very much counting on you] And of course your fans also, they're waiting for you all day for first place. (Or possibly "only for first place") [I think he means your fans are wanting only first place for you, and not so patiently waiting for you to catch up with what they want for you LOL] And when you born with this sport, in this sport, you need all the time competition. You need all the time fighting. [gets fierce look in eyes] Fighting with your enemy, with your rivals. [clenches hands like he's grabbing his rivals and shaking them] And after the Olympic games, [smiling eyes] couple years, I live normal, I don't need adrenaline. But after two years, [gesturing like he is searching for something] I feel like I need something. I start play tennis, like amateur competition. I start - I rode [bought] the [a] bike, I drive fast, [smiling but shaking head like, that wasn't enough] I drove [bought] fast car very fast [drive fast] , because I forgot this feelings like [gesturing like he is searching for something, then suddenly finds it] adrenaline. Like risky - risky feelings. [has to be the thrill of victory because Plush did not often suffer the agony of defeat! LOL]

Well, I said I have more fans right now because I have good shape right now. I mean before when I back again to do this season I feel not comfortable, [shaking head, grimacing] because my shape was like far away from... [me] [looking like, I can't believe the shape I was in!] my legs was (stutters) it's not my legs. I was fat. [looking like he can't believe it] Like, 10 kilos. And when I lose my weight, when I started feel much better, when I start to jump quadruple-triples, I feel comfortable. [very happy, confident] And of course, I'm nervous before the competition, it's normal. Of course I am a little bit shaky, because I need to do all my jumps, all my programs clean. [smiling] But I skated for fun, right now. Because, if I lose, I have all titles already.[smiling, proud] And nobody gonna take this titles from me. Nobody gonna steal it, this title from me, because I have. And that's why I think, if I practice, I can speak with my coach, we can laugh, we can smiling and joking. It's - today is different day. Today's different atmosphere on my team.

Of course, first practice, [shaking head, grimacing] it was hardest one in my life. Because, you know, [smiling, shaking head] fat - fat guy - really fat! Like this! [gesturing like big stomach, big head] (Puffs out face and makes raspberry sound.) [looking back and laughing at himself] No muscles. (Says something in Russian. Translator yells back "hardly breathe") I could hardly breathe. And I need to wake up in the morning all the time, 7 o'clock, 8 o'clock. Three, four practice a day. Gym, tool [to] ice, off ice, football, hockey... it was hard, you know! Like, if somebody want to beg [back], sit at home. [ I think he means if somebody doesn't want to work hard, just kick back and relax, then don't hang around me, stay home.] It's so hard. [look like I can't even tell you how hard it is, it's so hard you wouldn't believe me, and still, it's harder than that!] BUT, [gesturing, here's the good part] when you have first jump, for example first tripe axel, [smiling, roll up eyes like there's nothing better!] you're like feeling "YES! You did! You make it!" When you jump first time after three and a half years, when you jump quad toe, it's "Wow! I can do it! [smiling, happy, surprised at self] I'm 26 but I can do it!" So now I'm 27 and still not bad. [so modest LOL] I can do it. You know, of course I'm a little bit nervous. Nervous about my health, [serious now] because I have four surgeries and I'm not young anymore. I mean, for the sport. But, you know, [smiling] step by step, it's coming back. More I'm nervous than practice in the competition of course. [big smile] First competition when it was in St. Petersburg, in (something) [Perm] Russia, and of course the biggest one in this season it's Russian Cup. I was nervous. [smiling like, well, not TOO nervous LOL]

The first competition - I mean, the biggest one, in Russian Cup, my rivals, they smile like little bit, they are laughing like (tch!) "He is stupid. Like, what he doing?" (Here Evgeni makes this face: http://i47.tinypic.com/2hwfqdl.png which I had to screenshot since it was so hilarious.) [very hilarious!] "Not possible. He not - he can't skate. No, no no no - what?" You know, after this, I getting more powerful. [very big smile of PURE PLUSH POWER, whee! LOL] And of course I don't think they understand how it was possible. [smiling eyes] I mean, three and a half years no skate - I mean I'm not perform like they. Like they still skate, skate, skate, they compete every year, like eight competition per year. I did just show. It's different. And of course they said like "(tch!) He is stupid. It's not possible, compete with us." And I understand, [smiling] it's not possible. But I have great team.

After Olympic games, yes, I won all titles. And I have a lot of friends in show business. In [trying to think of the right words]- actors, I don't know, politics. And of course, we can put that moment - we sit, we talk, we drink red wine, eat... but it's normal life. [smiling, looking like, normal for you but not for me til now LOL] And for that moment - for that moment, couple years ago, I don't have a dream. [looks kind of blank, sad maybe?] Now I have a dream. [perks up] Dream, it's third Olympic games. And now, [smiles]I'm not drink red wine. I am not eat pizza. I am not eat spaghetti. I don't drink beer. And I feel good. [smiling like, surprise!] I feel comfortable. You know, without this possible - possible to live. [yes, it is, surprise! LOL]

If it [gonna] talk about life before and today, of course it's completely different life. [shrugs] I came to St. Petersburg when I was eleven. For that moment I don't - I don't have anything. I was like poor, poor guy. [shaking head, remembering] No apartments, nothing. It was hard, hard [very serious] and... but I am happy because, step by step, (says something in Russian, translator yells back "overcame") I overcame this situation, this life. But you know I work hard, all day, every day, work work work work. And with this work, with this sport of figure skating, with my coach, with my mom, with my parents, with my choreographers, we [going up,] growing up [gesturing like going up the stairs] and I went [win] first time - I don't remember competition. [??Junior Worlds??] And I asked to give [ISU gave ] it to me money. [grins, purses lips like "Whooo!!! Money!!"] I bought something for my parents. [very proud] Then, I came third in the world [, that's first time.] [on his first trip to Worlds, he won bronze--grimacing, shaking head, amazed that it happened] I feel money! [sort of puzzled but pleased] I bought an [boughted] apartments here. And every year, [smiling] I practice, [serious now] I work hard, [smiling] won won won won competition. But, of course,[serious again] it's hard when you have nothing, and one day, you have something. Not a lot. [gestures big, then brings it down] But something. [eyes smiling] And many skaters who came Olympic champion, worlds, youngest one, they start like, they have money, and they said like "Wow, I can do everything!" They start drink, they start do something not good. (Again, tosses a Russian word to the translator who calls back "example".) I have example. Before I have example. And I watch them, how they live, where they... [shaking finger "No"] and I understand, I don't need this.

My mom supporting me all the time and my mom and my wife everyday they came to the building where I practice. They watching me all the time, [eyes smiling] they supporting me, so you know we have great family. We have great team. [very serious] Great team.

Today my performing, today my skating, [gesturing out, opening up] maybe I feel a little bit different. If I move my arm, [eyes smiling] maybe I move a little bit different than 2006. If I watch on the camera, [looking directly into camera and smiling LOL] to the audience, to the judging, maybe it's different, [again gesturing out, bringing out something inside of him] because I feel different today.

Like I said before, I have great family. And they help me a lot. I have great team right now, and they support me, and pushing me all the time. [keeps bringing hands together, locking the fingers together, illustrating the support he has] And of course in this team, the number one is my coach, Mishin. And if, you know, the new system I mean on the practice, if I feel not good today for example, my coach Mishin says like "OK. Stop. [gesturing like Mishin pushing him away] Go and rest, and then we continue on second practice." OK. [gesturing like, fine, no problem, no worries]Or, if I feel not good, I'm gonna tell him, [gesturing like, meh, I'm outta here] "Alexei, today I feel not good. Maybe we gonna continue tomorrow, or after tomorrow. I need rest. I need (I can't tell what this word is.) [pause--I mean, pause is the word, not like there's a pause LOL]" And of course, we have new system, I mean, judging system. And I didn't skate three years, but [smiling] he still coaching, and he knows everything. He's - he's [taps head] very clever. He's so smart, and I mean he's - like person, for me, he is the best one. And like, a coach, he's the best one in the world. [smiling big] That's why I'm 16 years practicing, coaching with him. [smiling like, of course, who else! LOL]

Everybody the same level. [gesturing hands balancing, up a little, down a little, then both at same level, shrugging like, booooring!] Everybody the same level. Everybody can spin 4 level, everybody can do the steps 3rd level... no, maybe not everybody can jump quadruple. But they - everybody jumps triple axels. So, I'm gonna - of course I'm gonna compete with top ten. [looking like, yeah, why not, I'd be a fool not to LOL] (Here they show some footage of Evan Lysacek.) [voice over] I know Evan many years already, and when we skate [voice over ends] with Champions on Ice - [looks into camera and waves] thank you Tom Collins, Michael Collins, Marty, Manchi - because you know, they are like family, my family, because they helped me a lot, so. (Evgeni makes a grateful gesture.) [clasps hands together like "You are champions!" and waves like "thank you so much"] And he came - Evan - he came to the touring with us and I see how he growing up, how he skating. For that moment, he's like (bah) [waves hand around like, no good, no good LOL] Evan, Evan, American, yeah. They help, I mean, Tom Collins help him, like OK, skate with us in Champions on Ice, watch the champions. And next year [looks a *little* bit impressed LOL] he start to skate a bit better, next year better, better, better. [hands going up up up the stairs[ [voice over on more video of Evan doing quad/triple/triple] And right now he can jump quadruple, he can skate very well, and well, he is number one right now. I mean final Grand Prix, he won world championship, and I can said he's very good skater. [voice over ends] You know, all skaters, they have - and [points to self] myself also - we have problems. [eyes smiling] Somebody can jump easily. [snaps fingers] Somebody can skate softly, classically. [moves arms like they do in ballet] Somebody can spin like easy [snaps fingers again], fast [twirls fingers around]. [stops speaking for a moment 'cause--- here comes the punch line LOL] [smiling] But we need combine this. [makes a round shape] But this hard. [but he's smiling like, but me, yeah, I can do all that, not really so hard LOL]

She is producer of Dima Bilan. Dima Bilan is number one singer in Russia, and he won Eurovision, many titles he have and he's famous. And she's producer. And I came to the concert, to the show of Dima Bilan. And I saw this lady, blondie one [acts out looking her over, smiling, remembering]. Like, "ooh. Not bad, not bad." So I think she gonna - mine. And we start to talk, [gesturing back and forth] speak little bit. (Evgeni sings a little tune.) [mimicing talking back and forth-"bom bom bom bom, bom bom"] I tell her like, [gesturing like talking on cell phone] OK, let's go to date, have a dinner. She said "OK, no problem, let's go." (Evgeni pauses and then breaks into a big smile.) Yeah, she's mine.

(Footage of Evgeni at Torino Olympics is shown.) [voice over] No, I remember everything. I remember everything because this is everything for me. [voice over ends] [smiling] I remember when I came to Torino, to Italy, how we came, the - I remember the practice, it was one practice I remember at 6 AM. And I skate only 10 minutes, because I did everything. I came on the ice, I jump all triples, triple axel, quadruple and (woosh!). [whistles, like, that's it, work's done, I'm outta here] For that moment I was in good shape. [clutches hands into fist near chest, like, feeling good, feeling all together] I remember short program, long program, podium. Then I remember crash, [eyes smiling] in the car, after long program. I went to the home, to St. Petersburg, because for the show [, for this show] I don't [didn't] have an exhibition number. [looks rueful, slightly embarassed, oops! I screwed up! LOL] And they came - and I left to the Russia. And driver drive the car. [mimics driving] And it was like... running... like... run... rain. It was rain, and it was like slippery, you know. And car like this - (Evgeni makes shaking gestures) and we crashed. So I remember everything. Everything. [voice over Olympic podium footage] [No-] memories is good. But you know, [slight sigh] like my mom says to me all the time, "Evgeni. You win this competition is great. Forget. You have new step. You have new step, new competition." [eyes smiling] So I try to forget all my titles. [gestures putting them behind him] And I would like to open new page of my book, and skate from new step.

My career, it's not over yet, and it's not - maybe, maybe, I dunno, maybe it's not gonna over yet after Olympic games. Maybe I'm gonna still skate. I don't know yet. (Pause) [sort of a half smile, shrugs, smiles more fully]I don't know. I would like to - maybe. I want. [holds hands to chest] I want compete in Russia Olympic games. [smiles like that would be the best thing ever] But it's going to be 31, [shrugs like "Yikes! 31!! That's old! LOL] 31 years old, of course it's too old. [but his eyes say it's not LOL] But some, some skaters skated till 36. And in good shape. [smiles big]

177 replies since 14/12/2008, 00:01   7847 views