Interviews & Magazines, (old and new)

« Older   Newer »
kudryavka
view post Posted on 11/3/2009, 07:06 by: kudryavka

From Passion 2009, a book about men's single figure skaters. This interview conducted on 9th January 2009. I hope you have fun. Sorry for if there's anything wrong translation :bolero kiss.gif:

-----------------
Rising Skaters and Popular Skaters

Evgeni Plushenko visited Nagoya for Japan Super Challenge 2009 in January. He skated a new program named Tango and was in a very good mood. After performance, he said to audience even such a thing:

"See you in Vancouver in 2010!!"

For sure, we have been hearing that he has a hope of return and he's forwardlooking to serious training. But he didn't participate in competitions this season also. In addition he seemed to be in not good figure at Ice shows. On the other hand, we worried about his old injuries. Everyone may have thought vaguely that his return is unlikely.

"This program which I showed today, is a long program Tango. This is not yet completed but I think it's growing up. I was so glad to be able to skate here today. Because it's the first show of new year!! I finally recovered a healthy body and now I'm in a good condition for 2009 and 2010.

Of course, this program is for competitions!! I will return to there for Olympics!! I want to stand on the podium, though I'm not sure that I can become the first again. I have fighting spirits enough. I was able to recover my health, and besides, I can skate like today. Everything goes well.

Do I have a confidence? Well... I'd want to compete again rather than I have a chance of winning... It doesn't matter to me that I have it, or not. I couldn't imagine my life without fights. In addtion I'm 26, still young. I feel like I can do it."

It was a declaration of return. There was not any hesitation. We're very surprised but he continues telling joyfully his plan.

"I have a plan to attend four training camps during summer. Not only in Russia. I will go to German and Italy. Of course I am going to appear Ice shows as well, because I cannot compete if I don't know about people's reaction. However I think it will be less than last year.

Anyway, firstly I will take part in a domestic small competition, and secondly, the Russian Nationals. Then I bocome a member of the team Russia, and go to Euros, Olympics.

I suppose my condition was 100 percent when Turin Olympics, now it is 50 percent. However I intend to recover shape from now on.

I think my big problem is to understand completely a current judging system. I guessing it has two sides, good side and not good side. I must train mor and change myself a little to deal with a current system.

By the way, at next season, everyone will be necessary...... Quadruple!! I have watched competitions in these several years, but there are only few skaters who jumped it. At Olympics in 2002, Alexei Yagudin had landed two quads. However most of today's skaters are doing only triple axel or triple. This is not good for the future of figure skating!! Now everyone looks the same. I guess it's caused by new system. The same step sequence, the same style, it's strange things."

He seems to want to say "Don't you think that it's boring without me? You must jump quads because I'll be back." The words of the champion has terrific impact. If he really returns and if competition intensifies for it, he will become one of leaders at Vancouver. Though it's not yet practical.

"I making a short program as well as a long program. We already choreographed it. Though it's a prototype, not yet completed... I must practice both, more and more, after this. Anyway I had left amateur after last Olympics. I think it's my biggest problem. I must become eager for goal from now on... More, more and more!!"

image image image
Caption: Hes in a good mood and joins hands with flower girls. During a meeting with journalists, he had been smiling from first to last.

Birthdate: 3 November 1982
2001/2002: Salt Lake City Olympics 2nd
2005/2006: Turin Olympics 1st
Coach: Alexei Mishin
--------------------------
Interview: Aoshima Hirono
Photo: Morita Masami
Translation: Me :B):

177 replies since 14/12/2008, 00:01   7847 views