When he returns in the race?, IN SEPTEMBER !!!

« Older   Newer »
cekoni
view post Posted on 25/3/2009, 02:00

http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/...0842?source=rss

Don't blow off Plushenko's quest for comeback gold
By John Henderson, "The Denver Post"

"I am not scared, because I'm going to win."
Evgeni Plushenko, above, on competing again in the Winter Olympics (AP file photo)

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia — He still has the same flowing blond hair that makes women fill ice arenas with screams and the same schnoz that could smell a chicken Kiev in the Ukraine.

On this day, though, Evgeni Plushenko is looking a little different. Standing off the ice, he's grimacing. His feet hurt.

It's late January and the first day of practice in Plushenko's comeback for next February's Vancouver Olympics. While the rest of the figure skating world is in Los Angeles this week for the world championships, the three-time world champion and defending Olympic gold medalist is waking up on cold Russian mornings at dawn, working toward once again becoming the dominant figure in his sport.

Plushenko, 26, drives to the same

Soviet-style rink he started at as an 11-year-old. It's only three minutes from his first shabby apartment where he somehow avoided the drunks and the fights to become one of the major icons of the new Russia.

It is one reason he's making this implausible return. For three years, since routing the field in the Turin Olympics, he has led the champion's life. His backdrop skating helped pop star Dima Bilan win the national Eurovision song contest. He joined the St. Petersburg parliament. He fell in love with a beautiful TV producer. They traveled the world and will marry this summer.

He's putting all that on hold to get up at 6 a.m., fight with new boots and try to lose 12 pounds.

"I have one year," he said. "That's enough."

Sitting in the crude lobby of Yubileyny Sports Palace, Plushenko doesn't look insulted by the question. He looks challenged when asked, "How are you going to star in the Olympics when you haven't competed in three years?"

"I was not competing, but I skated," Plushenko said. "I did many, many, many shows. Two months ago I did triple axels. Easy. Of course, I need a quadruple. That's going to come."

His own tour, Golden Ice, takes him around Russia for 50 shows a year each winter. But skating in front of screeching schoolgirls in Omsk is a lot different from doing it in front of hardened judges in Vancouver.

Plushenko waves off the difference. Olympic motivation outweighs any fear of failure.

After his gold-medal performance in Turin, he went to the Russia House, and his countrymen — and women — congratulated him all night. The vodka flowed. For a kid born in Solnechni in Russia's isolated Far East, that's a heady world.

Could he medal again? Russians have a proverb that goes, "We will not enter twice into one water." Plushenko could well drown. Then again, this pool isn't crowded. Aspen's Jeremy Abbott has just as good a chance as France's up-and-down Brian Joubert, the defending world champion.

"They're all at the same level," Plushenko said. "We don't have right now a leader."

After he finishes his tea, he walks to his SUV in the rink's slushy parking lot. A long, hard haul awaits him. We're not talking about his drive home.

"I am not scared," he said, "because I'm going to win."

Dieting on menu

It's Monday, and Alexei Mishin sounds perturbed. Russia's most renowned men's skating coach took in Plushenko when he was 11.

Honing him into a champion at 11 may not have been as challenging as Mishin's current task. Plushenko has worked on his comeback for two months. Known for brutal honesty, Mishin gave a brutal evaluation.

"The real information is it's all triples and triple axels," Mishin said. "He's having trouble with the quad. He's a little bit sad. He's a little bit not in condition."

Mishin also coached Alexei Urmanov and Alexei Yagudin to Olympic gold medals. He took Plushenko back in because, well, he can work with Evgeni Plushenko.

"I think this is a heroic act if he will come back," Mishin said. "But it's really, really very difficult. He gained the weight, he lost condition."

This is not unprecedented. Viktor Petrenko, the 1992 gold medalist, and Brian Boitano, the 1988 winner, tried comebacks in 1994. Petrenko finished fourth and Boitano sixth.

Skating in ice shows won't get you in shape for the Olympic glare. When on tour, you don't train. You travel. You can't practice quads in a hotel room.

"To come back to it, psychologically, is going to be a tremendous amount of work," said Paul Wylie, the 1992 Olympic silver medalist who skated in shows until he was 34. "It's not a given at all. People expect him to be the old Evgeni Plushenko, and he'll have to bring his game up. Guys have gained on him.

"But if there's anybody who can do it, it's him."

Living the good life

The ornately lit Grand Hotel Europe has graced bustling Nevsky Prospekt, St. Petersburg's Fifth Avenue, for more than 130 years. It's the kind of place that offers blue sable coats for sale in the lobby. Tchai-kovsky honeymooned here.

Wearing a Beijing Olympics warm-up suit that looks horribly out of place here, except on the person who's wearing it, Plushenko strolls into the lobby with his fiancee.

Yana Rudkovskaya, 34, is a long-stemmed blond who stands out even in a city where two out of three women look like they stepped off a catwalk in Milan. She's a medical school graduate, a beauty salon CEO, a TV producer and a mother of two who met Plushenko in London doing an Olympics presentation.

"My whole dream of the trip," she said, "was to see Evgeni and say hello."

During his layoff, Plushenko made the papers through his romances. After Turin, he divorced the woman famous for causing him to U-turn his Maserati and chase her down. They married a year later.

"Yeah, I was driving the car and she was also driving the car and I go, 'Hmm. Not bad,' " Plushenko said. "So I turn my car and drive faster. A big, BIG mistake."

Plushenko and Rudkovskaya are sitting at Chopsticks, the hotel's top-end Chinese restaurant, and the Peking duck and California rolls are flying, along with the red wine. Plushenko once tried a weight-cutting pill but became hungrier. He figures training will cut him down to size. But not tonight.

He won't talk about Olympic medals. He has his gold. He's playing with house money. And he's returning to Vancouver, where he won his first world title in 2001.

"Now, I skate for fun," he said. "I skate for people. Sure I will be nervous. But I feel very good. I have coaches. I have my lovely girlfriend. Only good things right now. Eat good food. Drink good wine. I live in the best city. I live in the best country."

He was the best skater. He has a year to prove he is again.

View slide show of career highlights of figure skater Evgeni Plushenko:
http://photos.denverpost.com/photoprojects...lbum-4813&num=1

cekoni
view post Posted on 28/3/2009, 04:10

Plushenko about trainings .... "Pro-obzor" Muz-TV 27.03.2009
(recorded on some party 22.3.2009.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujnlrhNiEtA

- translation:
Rumors that Evgeni Plushenko left Yana Rudkovskaya in Moscow, and he went to train abroad, spread at lightning speed! You bet, because Plushenko is going to take part in the Winter Olympics, which be held 2010 in Vancouver. And such a large event requires a tremendous training! But - a small detail! Zhenya not stay with Yana because for one simple reason:

Evgeni Plushenko: "I practice in St. Petersburg, but when I will be the summer, I will train abroad, but it will be camps. But all my life, I practice in Russia. And I do not want to go anywhere! Because at home, in Russia, I feel great, "home wall" help!"

Evgeni said that finally returned to the sport. Show business - back in the life of an athlete. Plushenko is now fully dedicated to figure skating, and only rarely appears in secular activities. Indeed, it is necessary to keep the physical shape and not out on the buffet table after 6 pm. Well, Yana Rudkovskaya not forget to perform the role of devoted lover, ready to sacrifice a beloved bedtime, or wear skates.

Yana Rudkovskaya: "I 'm going with him, I will support him in the camps, to stand with him at 7 am, walk to all the training, run, ride a bike!" :wacko:

Yet, despite the sport, and despite all the gossip, Zhenya did not forget about the beloved woman, and constantly spoke of only one...

Evgeny Plushenko: "The wedding will be!"

(P.S.... and of course, when the journalists always ask him about that <_< )

---------------------------------

http://www.gazeta.ru/sport/2009/03/a_2964999.shtml
text: Boris Hodorovsky (this journalist could be "classified" in Plushy "haters", according to all his previous texts ;))

... Minimum task on Worlds 2009 our guys achieved

Russia has to be two places at the Olympics in Vancouver, but the gap between to the champion in nearly 40 points, per season will be very difficult to eliminate.
Certainly, after the Los Angeles re-start talks of the need to material encourage the return of Evgeni Plushenko. Only in its current condition, it is unlikely would be skating better in Los Angeles than Lutay and Voronov's, and about rivalry with Lysacek do not even need to speak...

-----------------------------------

http://www.nevasport.ru/articles.php?id=17308

... But Russian single skaters still difficult to expect such a result, although the competition for the title of the "first number" of the national team is now sharply increased.

- You and Sergei Voronov is constantly fighting for the first place of the national team. In this regard, you do not shame talk about that must be returned Plushenko, or Russia fail in Vancouver? - asked Andrey Lutay's.

- "I'm trying to not show my emotions. I have my own goal, my own training. Who would not say, that I have to do everything, as I can" - said Lutay.
- "I tried to do from this abstract. Moreover, Alexey Mishin divide us - we worked in different time. Sometimes, of course, overlapped training. But basically, do not intersect"....

-----------------------------------

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/537765

Skating notes: Russia's pairs drought stretches on
March 26, 2009
By Steve Milton, The Hamilton Spectator

... Plushenko return is looking real
Evgeny Plushenko is evidently very serious about trying to return to competition for the 2010 Olympics. The runaway 2006 Olympic champion has been skating professionally, mostly in Russia, and has re-united with coach Alexei Mishin.
Mishin told The Spec this week that Plushenko has been training with him for about a month, and has landed triple Axels but no quads yet. He’s still a few pounds overweight, Mishin said, but he expects it wouldn’t take long to lose the extra bulk....

----------------------------

http://www.examiner.com/x-625-Olympics-Exa...-skating-worlds

Three U.S. Olympic spots are subplot at figure skating worlds
Meri-Jo Borzilleri, Olympics Examiner
March 26

.... Besides Olympic placement, these world championships have another subplot. Three notable skaters who aren’t competing are at least contemplating, if not actually training for, comebacks in time for the Vancouver Games: Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen and 2006 Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko.
Stay tuned.

kudryavka
view post Posted on 28/3/2009, 04:52

QUOTE (cekoni @ 28/3/2009, 12:10)
Yana Rudkovskaya: "I 'm going with him, I will support him in the camps, to stand with him at 7 am, walk to all the training, run, ride a bike!" :wacko:

:o:
Frankly speaking, it's bother to other pupils. At summer camps, Lutay will train very seriously for Vancouver. Frivolous atmosphere of showbiz is not good for young athletes. Though, I don't say she's frivolous person :unsure:

cekoni
view post Posted on 28/3/2009, 05:50

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 28/3/2009, 04:52)
.... Frivolous atmosphere of showbiz is not good for young athletes. Though, I don't say she's frivolous person :unsure:

If you not, I will say: she is frivolous person! :B): :P

----------------------------------

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090327/...sktg_world_chan

Patrick Chan left shaking his head at the judging despite silver medal
By Lori Ewing, The Canadian Pres

... The Vancouver Olympics could see the return of Russia's Evgeni Plushenko, the 2006 Olympic gold medallist who is considering coming out of retirement.

When asked his thoughts of his pending return, Chan said, "Good luck. It's hard. A lot of people have tried... It would be exciting. I'd love to compete against him It would be really interesting," added Chan.

Slipchuk said it would be very interesting indeed, considering the changes in the rules.

"A lot has changed between 2006 and 2009. A lot of rules are so different," said Slipchuk....

kudryavka
view post Posted on 28/3/2009, 06:44

QUOTE (cekoni @ 28/3/2009, 13:50)
QUOTE (kudryavka @ 28/3/2009, 04:52)
.... Frivolous atmosphere of showbiz is not good for young athletes. Though, I don't say she's frivolous person :unsure:

If you not, I will say: she is frivolous person! :B): :P

You are more honest than me :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

When asked his thoughts of his pending return, Chan said, "Good luck. It's hard. A lot of people have tried... It would be exciting. I'd love to compete against him It would be really interesting," added Chan.

I would be excited if Chan is not a Canadian. Olympics will take place Canada. So he's beloved by judges -_-
I hate North American media. They hurt Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze in 2002 :angry: Next season, if they attack Chan's rivals.... I'm a little worried about that

cekoni
view post Posted on 29/3/2009, 02:35

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 28/3/2009, 06:44)
I would be excited if Chan is not a Canadian. Olympics will take place Canada. So he's beloved by judges -_-
I hate North American media. They hurt Berezhnaya and Sikharulidze in 2002 :angry: Next season, if they attack Chan's rivals.... I'm a little worried about that

Yes, they "pump the atmosphere" in the public of competition "Four Continents", that Chan is only few points to reached Plushy's records and quality of skating ... and if they really think that he can beat Evgeni's - will be "nastily". :unsure:
(in general, I did not love the "atmosphere" in the USA during the Worlds against Russian skaters - they behaved as is currently worst "cold war" :blink:)
Read what to write more on the topic - "Various newspaper articles about skating":
http://plushenko.forumfree.net/?t=37860184 ;)

----------------------------------------------

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/OtherSpo...916021-sun.html

Browning stays loyal to Canada
By TERRY JONES

LOS ANGELES -- The whispers that Torino 2006 gold-medal winner Evgeny Plushenko is planning a comeback for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games became a little louder here yesterday.

Canada's Patrick Chan had no sooner made himself a favourite for the event by winning a silver medal at the World Figure Skating Championships here than Plushenko made the whispers a little louder.

Russian coach Alexei Mishin, "Sun Media" has learned, whispered in the ear of Canada's four-time world champion Kurt Browning that they wanted to hire him to help put together programs for Plushenko's Olympic year.

"I'm not going to do it," said Browning when confronted by "Sun Media", confirming that, yes, he had been asked but then quickly denying he was going to accept to work on the project.

"I don't think that my being contacted is the story" said Browning. "I think the story is that I think his comeback seems legit.

"I asked Mishin about Plushenko and he said he talked to him (yesterday) and he said he landed four quads, two in combination with triple toe loops. That's legit stuff, if he's doing that."

Browning finds it all fascinating. What would it do to Olympic year for Chan, the 18-year-old friend he's already mentored into a silver medal at the Worlds. What would it means going forward for Chan? Not to mention Brian Joubert and American Evan Lysacek, who won the gold here Thursday night.

"He's the wrench," said Browning. "Putting Plushenko back in play is like dropping a wrench in the gears. It could screw everything up. You just don't know," he said of the Russian who won his first Worlds gold medal in Vancouver in 2001 and also won gold in 2003 and 2004.

Browning also confirmed that he had previously been asked to sign on to perform the same service for Joubert this past season but declined, partially due to jury duty and partially because he doesn't feel it's fair.
Browning said while he's still busy with a show career, to be taking on something like that would require at least once-a-month trips overseas to work with a podium-calibre athlete when plenty of established professionals are out there.

Asked what he'd make of Plushenko coming back, Chan was fairly animated yesterday.

"Is he actually?" He thought about it for a moment. "Good luck. It's hard. A lot of people have tried," he said of comebacks. "It would be exciting. I'd love to compete against him It would be really interesting," added Chan.

Skate Canada high-performance director Michael Slipchuk said it would be very interesting indeed.
"A lot has changed between 2006 and 2009. A lot of rules are so different."

--------------------------------------------------

http://spb.kp.ru/daily/24268/464162/

Without Plushenko - Ice default
Russian skaters in the World championship hardly got to ten

After Plushenko leaving amateur, men figure skating is in the ashes. This sad picture has not changed at the Worlds championships in Los Angeles. Andrey Lutay and Sergei Voronov have placed 10th and 13th. Lutay even did a quadruple jump and a triple axel, but three triples were lost.

However, the difference between leader from champion Evan Lysacek looks catastrophic - almost 38 points!

Plushenko and Yagudin's succesor have lost even to Denis Ten, skater from Kazakhstan - a country that has never been known to be leaders in figure skating. True, it trains our famous figure skater Elena Buyanova-Vodorezova.

However, despite the pale performance, they have given Russia a present with the spots for the next Olympics 2010 in Vancouver. Our country can send two participants. Considering that Evgeni Plushenko has repeatedly declared his intention to come back to amateur sports and to participate in Games, it is possible to assume that for those two spots, there will be at least three applicants. Selection for the national team will take place in the December at the Russian Nationals.

If Plushenko can not be able in condition from his "gold" Turin 2006, where he looked like a skater from other planet, than at least from "silver" Salt Lake City, will be quite good for a chance of a victory. It is enough to say that current winner Evan Lysacek became the champion, without having in his arsenal a quadruple jump! Let's remember that on the 2002 Games, Plushenko and Yagudin did two quadruple jumps at the free skate.

cekoni
view post Posted on 29/3/2009, 06:32

Interesting discussion and comparison of program's quality (with skaters performances):

PJ Kwong and a Canadian Level Judge (Glenn Fortin) Talk About Judging, Then and Now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw-haI9Bo_s

- Plushenko "Tango and Flamenco" (2004 Worlds) vs. Lysacek "Bolero" (2009W)
- Oksana Baiul (1993W) vs. Yu-na Kim (2009W)

By the Canadian judge (thanks to "new" judgest system) today is a lot faster, energetic and a better skate ... Evgeni is his program has a lot of posing, his steps in footworks are very basic, simple turn, a lot of break ... etc. .... in other words - Chan wil beat Plush next year. <_<

P.S.... of course, no word about quadruple jumps - on this they avoid to talking. :B):
I hope that Mishin know what "mood" in the judges today, if this is the opinion of the majority of them... ;)

Edited by cekoni - 29/3/2009, 18:48

cekoni
view post Posted on 29/3/2009, 20:18

Mixed topics - first part of the preparations for the wedding :B): ... second part about his return... ^_^

Yana Rudkovskaya & E. Plushenko (NTV - "You will not believe!")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE_kZGMYwsE

Evgeni: "... Enemy forces write that Plushenko will not return. Greetings to you all!" :lol:

cekoni
view post Posted on 29/3/2009, 21:06

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/olym...ooks_skati.html
March 28, 2009
Posted by Ron Judd

With Worlds in the books, skating focus turns to 2010

... And what can you say about Yu-Na Kim, that some NBC analyst hasn't already gushed about? The woman is a phenomenon, a clear exception to the rule of soulless pre-teen jumping jacks who have dominated this sport for the past several years. (In fact, she was one of them: Here's to timely blossomings.) Kim won the women's title tonight in a blowout -- by 16 points over second-place finisher Joannie Rochette of Canada. Kim became the first woman to ever score more than 200 points in a competition -- a barrier that now seems laughable given her score of 207-plus.

She's the most ruthless, dominating skater we've seen in elite competition since Evgeni Plushenko of Russia blew away all comers at the 2006 Turin Games. (BTW: He's threatening to end his retirement and come back in time for Vancouver. Is Plushenko good enough to lace up the skates less than a year from the Games and still come out on top? Uh, absolutely.) ...

kudryavka
view post Posted on 30/3/2009, 00:42

QUOTE (cekoni @ 30/3/2009, 05:18)
Evgeni: "... Enemy forces write that Plushenko will not return. Greetings to you all!" :lol:

(FILE:https://www.youtube.com/v/zE_kZGMYwsE&hl=en&fs=1)

Hmm... "Enemy forces" may help his return. Because, he dislikes to lose :36_1_13.gif:

Is Plushenko good enough to lace up the skates less than a year from the Games and still come out on top? Uh, absolutely.

He's right :36_1_55.gif:

Edited by kudryavka - 30/3/2009, 19:14

kudryavka
view post Posted on 30/3/2009, 10:18

By TERRY JONES

It was very interesting. And I'm a little bit surprized that Mishin think the same thing about choreo as many people. Because Mishin and Zhenya are always "original," till now :lol:

Kurt... Hmm. Mishin seem to pay attention to Canadian people.
Have a look at "vogue" of choreo. Lori and Bezic, Wilson, Bourne, Kurt are Canadian. Tom is an American.

Evan LYSACEK - Tatiana Tarasova, Lori Nichol
Patrick CHAN - Lori Nichol
Brian JOUBERT - Evgeni Platov
Tomas VERNER - Lori Nichol, Rostislav Sinitsyn
Samuel CONTESTI - Geraldine Zulini, Pasquale Camerlengo
Takahiko KOZUKA - Yuka Sato, Sandra Bezic
Nobunari ODA - Lori Nichol, Nikolai Morozov
Denis TEN - Tatiana Tarasova, Irina Tagaeva
Brandon MROZ - Lori Nichol, Tom Dickson
Andrei LUTAI - Tom Dickson
Jerremy ABOTT - Tom Dickson, Catarina Lindgren (Tom's wife)
(Jeffery BUTTLE - David Willson)
(Daisuke TAKAHASHI - Kenji Miyamoto, Pasquale Camerlengo)
YuNa KIM - David Wilson
Joannie ROCHETTE - Shae-Lynn Bourne, Lori Nichol
Miki ANDO - Nikolai Morozov
Mao ASADA - Lori Nichol, Tatiana Tarasova
Rachael FLATT - Lori Nichol
Laura LEPISTO - Maria McLean, Miia Nirhamo
Alena LEONOVA - Svetlana Korol
Fumie SUGURI - Nikolai Morozov
Sarah MEIER - Salome Brunner, Tatiana Druchinina
Elene GEDEVANISHVILI - Nikolai Morozov
Alissa CZISNY - David Wilson, Kurt Browning, Lori Nichol
Cynthia PHANEUF - David Wilson

Lori is the most popular but my wish is David Wilson. He's my favorite choreographer. I always love his works especially Buttle and Kim's. Though, it's just my dream. It will not come true, maybe... :rolleyes:

cekoni
view post Posted on 30/3/2009, 21:33

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 30/3/2009, 11:18)

It was very interesting. And I'm a little bit surprized that Mishin think the same thing about choreo as many people. Because Mishin and Zhenya are always "original," till now :lol:

Kurt... Hmm. Mishin seem to pay attention to Canadian people.
Have a look at "vogue" of choreo. Lori and Bezic, Wilson, Bourne, Kurt are Canadian. Tom is an American.

Thanks to the many information about choreographers :36_1_55.gif: ... they are completely new for me, because to me (until now) it is not interested in ;)

I think that Mishin conversation with Kurt, Canadian media puff because of "great fear" :lol: .... Kurt Browning should participate in Evgeni's show in Prague 9.4. ^_^

cekoni
view post Posted on 31/3/2009, 02:09

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/326018

Medalist of Olympic Games Irina Slutskaya: Make five triple? Easy!

While at the World Championships in Los Angeles, our best single woman skater took seventh place, the real star of figure skating, double world champion Irina Slutskaya merely acts sham ice projects. Simultaneously, she is preparing for tomorrow's theatrical premiere in producing center «Panorama». Really, we can not count on Hollywood happy-end - start returning to the duties of actress ice prima? Most if not encouraged by her example Evgeni Plushenko?.....

- However, on the care of amateur sport, you have not formally declared. What is the likelihood that viewers will be able to see your performances in competitions?
- With competition I probably have already finished. In one water twice does not hold. Back it would be ridiculous! But I do show elements of the same complexity, which go for a tournament. I live in sports, and sports lives in me.

- So, do not follow the example of Evgeni Plushenko, who had again entered the ranks of amateurs?
- Evgeni is still very young. He has a purpose and desire. It is great that he came back.
I, unfortunately, very close familiar with the age factor in our sport, where earned medals simply a «no», only the fact that you are not 15 years old. I believe that it is not necessary to go and fight with the girls, who apparently had not reached my level. I reached in virtually all sports, and now I do not have the motivation and purpose for which I could forget about their lives and completely devote themselves to training ....

- Most recently, you sparkle in the stage of the ice, and now develops wooden dramatic stage. How to feel in the new line?
- Figure skating is my main profession. I speak in the show, working in the «Ice Age». Therefore, I would not say that the left figure skating. I am going for a long ride. But the theater - is something that I am really very attracted.
I already had a pen test on stage in productions of «Antigona forever», «International Theater Laboratory Kosenkovoy Niki», also I filmed the episode in the movie «Troy and Snowflake», movie «Master of the East», television series on First Channel called «Hot ice ». I am very pleased to be an actress. I am actively developing in this area and, in my opinion, now is ready to provide the audience a great job ......

- Theater - this is what you would like to deal with life?
- I live today and not looking far into the future. For me there is only today and tomorrow. Today I am here, and tomorrow wake up and think, what to do.

- Looking back, remembering all of your great victory, you could say that they wanted something to change, whether you have possibility to start again?
- I think not. Life in black and white. If it were not bad, there would have been no good. Without my injuries, I can not imagine their bright and brilliant victories. God gave, God took. In life, all equalized. I know one thing: I would certainly not like to once again step on the path traversed.

Personal - Irina SLUTSKAYA

Born on 9 February 1979 in Moscow.
Silver winner of Olympic Games 2002, Olympic bronze winner in 2006.
Double world champion (2002, 2005).
The first in the history of seven European champion (1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006)

kudryavka
view post Posted on 31/3/2009, 23:33

March 31, 2009, 13:20
Evgeni Plushenko: Now there is no leader
http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/200801...sejchasnetlide/
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/7460663.html

I guess that Zhenya talked about this worlds, but I don't know what he said. Someone, please translation for non-Russian (the same as next video?) (sorry, I've just got it :P )
By the way, poor Baboo... :cry:

March 31, 2009 22:05
Plushenko is determined to return to the big sports
http://www.5-tv.ru/news/18297/
http://www.5-tv.ru/shared/files/200903/1_79220.flv

Training with "Mama" Yana? :P

Plushenko dropped 7 kilos

Great. The rest of overweight is about 3 kilos. He's so slender now! :wub:

cekoni
view post Posted on 1/4/2009, 02:42

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 1/4/2009, 00:33)
March 31, 2009, 13:20
Evgeni Plushenko: Now there is no leader
http://video.sportbox.ru/VidySporta/200801...sejchasnetlide/
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating/7460663.html

I guess that Zhenya talked about this worlds, but I don't know what he said. Someone, please translation for non-Russian (the same as next video?)[/size][/color]

I can not see the image, only hear tone... sometimes :(
If someone manage to "download" this video, let it somewhere upload ;)
- possible variations of video links to external player - copy/paste (VLC, Media Player Classic, Winamp....):
http http
mms mms

- translation text on russian:
http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-skating...html?ext=yandex

Evgeni Plushenko: «Already restored quadruple jump, set an long program»

Russian figure skater Evgeni Plushenko has shared his impressions from the World Championship, and talked about his preparation.

About World Championship: « This year the championship is very strange - Joubert's fell from the cascade, and he was nevertheless first (probably think about SP). I am sorry, but for me is... unusual. On the other hand, second year athletes win world championship without a quad jump. Asked me the question: «What do you think? Where is figure skating? ». If it is on technology to quadruple jumps - then it goes down. Yes, for turns paths, steps it moves up, but in technique jumps we never went anywhere.
But for me it was good, a big plus in the sense that today there is no leader. No one knows who can win. All athletes at the same level ».

About Russians man skaters: «The guys are trying. I have been training together with Andrei Lutay, saw his attitude, training. These forward-looking guys, they have a future, they are excellent teachers. In Voronov's - Alexei Urmanov, great athlete, an excellent coach. And Alexei Mishin, I think - this is a God of figure skating. They have everything, more important, of course, work. And the fact that it is not winning, then, is not yet suitable level ».

About his return to amateur sports: « I'm trying to come back, and skate two and a half months, every day. Has already regained quadruple jump, set an Long program. Yes, it is still raw, is not made until the end. But I am brought specialists from America and we work with them. Short program was not still there, it was not ready. I wait Alexey Mishin from the World Championship and we will it solve all the nuances - what camps will be made, the number, timing, what will be the trainers working on physical exercise, which will invite choreographers.

Because the need for new perspectives, new ideas. Back in the sport without the new ideas - will be irrelevant. Everyone will be waiting for something new. Because I know that, I will be under more attention. They will pay attention to everything, look at all error, turns, steps, hands, eyes .... Will look from top to toe - all that I perfectly understand, but I do not afraid. Preparing, more importantly, that it was without injury », - told Plushenko to TV « Sport ».

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 1/4/2009, 00:33)
March 31, 2009 22:05
Plushenko is determined to return to the big sports
http://www.5-tv.ru/news/18297/
http://www.5-tv.ru/shared/files/200903/1_79220.flv

Similar interview... but, if I see a good :blink: - he make quadruple jump?! :woot: :kaos-pika11.gif:

- translation:

Plushenko is determined to return to the amateur sport

Russia on World Championship of Figure Skating has one gold and one bronze. Not the best, but not the worst result. At this championship, experts viewed in the light of the upcoming Olympics. And here in Russia there is a hidden reserve - a "star reserve".

About him, tell our correspondent Alexander Ivanov....

Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko is determined to return to the amateur sports. Over the shoulders is already two and a half months of training. Plushenko-athlete dropped 7 kilos.
- Evgeni Plushenko, Olympic Champion: «Yes, I weighed under 80 kilograms, it's true».

Plushenko - MP, took leave for two months.
- Evgeni Plushenko: « Then I will deal with superiors, with Sergei Mikhailovich Mironov, in our party - will I go, or stay ».

Plushenko - showman not go more on party, but about contest «Eurovision» recalls with warmth.
- Evgeni Plushenko: « This was as a World Championship ».

The outcome is this World Championship, which ended recently, confirmed Evgeni's desire to return.
- Evgeni Plushenko: « Take, for example, performance of Joubert's. He fell from the cascade... and he was nevertheless first (probably think about SP). For me it was a shock ».

And quadruple, and the famous cascade, Plushenko at training succeed.

- Evgeni Plushenko: « I know that I will be more under attention - would be to look at all my error, on turns, on footwork, on hands, on eyes ».

Do not say that everything is given easily. As Olympic champion particularly hard to get up early, sometimes had to sleep in the car, but supports his desire to return and Yana Rudkovskaya.
- Evgeni Plushenko: « There she sits in a distant room. Watched practice today ».

So far, there is only a raw Long Program - is its fragments. On the production, he has already spent 10.000 dollars from his pocket. Cover the cost through eight shows in Europe, where Evgeni is skating his LP. All at the altar of victory in Vancouver. And sometimes there is no force, even at the ordinary things.

I did not understand at the end, what he is said ... something like: is hard, but it is a wonderful friendship with all people in "Yubileyniy", he train with pleasure, prepare, and do not overlook on the various comments

---------------------------

I tried to hear music - not "Tango"? :AddEmoticons04259.gif: ... On the basis of this interview, it seems that in Prague, he will not perform new SP ... even is the question: whether the "Tango", in general, be his LP for Olympics program? :blink: :P

Training with "Mama" Yana? :P

Yes, now Yana sitting in the room, where once sat his mother :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

By the way, poor Baboo... :cry:

Who is Baboo? :huh:

http://www.gazeta.ru/sport/2009/03/a_2967490.shtml

Do not rest on our laurels

President of Figure Skating Federation Valentin Piseev acted as an expert «Gazety.Ru», Clarifying the results presentation of Russian athletes at the world championships in Los Angeles, and told what he expects from the Olympics-2010.

I must say that after 2005, when the pair (Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov) was the champion, and the result, which showed Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin, winning gold medals is great and deserved success of our sportsmen ....

In women's singles skating Alena Leonova showed itself with the best hand. If we talk about the speech of men, the tenth Andrey Lutay's - an excellent result, and Voronov made worse than last year ....

It appears the general sponsor of the federation, which also positively affects the work. Now you can support the coaches, children's sports schools financially. After the European Championships, we have paid bonuses to everyone who won prizes, provided funds to each athlete to prepare for the World Championship. Now we have more opportunities.

I think that at the forthcoming Olympics should not expect to medal in singles skating, as in female or male. Leonova good girl, but to expect to win, you need to jump the complex cascade, which carry out all the triple elements. For men, I would not say that this form is a leader. You can fight. Let our athletes jump quadruple toe loops, as the same need to outplay the opponent. We must find the opportunities that would have prevailed over our competitors. If the return Plushenko, I do not exclude that it may be a candidate for the highest place.

Edited by cekoni - 1/4/2009, 03:57

509 replies since 6/11/2008, 17:26   10494 views