Cirque du Soleil, with them, magic is everywhere around us...

« Older   Newer »
Airiny
icon4  view post Posted on 20/6/2009, 17:53

Deep within a forest, at the summit of a volcano, exists an extraordinary world - a world where something else is possible. A world called Varekai.

From the sky falls a solitary young man, and the story of Varekai begins. Parachuted into the shadows of a magical forest, a kaleidoscopic world populated by fantastical creatures, this young man sets off on an adventure both absurd and extraordinary. On this day at the edge of time, in this place of all possibilities, begins an inspired incantation to life rediscovered.

The word Varekai means "wherever" in the Romany language of the gypsies the universal wanderers. This production pays tribute to the nomadic soul, to the spirit and art of the circus tradition, and to the infinite passion of those whose quest takes them along the path that leads to Varekai.

When I saw for the first time Varekai (I downloaded it :ph34r: ) I was speechless! :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

goldendove
view post Posted on 21/6/2009, 01:11

QUOTE (Airiny @ 20/6/2009, 18:53)
Deep within a forest, at the summit of a volcano, exists an extraordinary world ........ to the infinite passion of those whose quest takes them along the path that leads to Varekai.

Thank you for the videos, Airiny! I like Cirque du Soleil, too. I was hooked when I first watched it on TV on our national holidays. They are absolutely breathtaking!

Btw, I just love your introduction of Varekai. Your writing is very exquisite and beautiful.... you sound like a romantic poet. :wub:

cekoni
view post Posted on 21/6/2009, 02:37

QUOTE (Airiny @ 20/6/2009, 18:53)
Deep within a forest, at the summit of a volcano, exists an extraordinary world - a world where something else is possible. A world called Varekai....

Thanks Airiny on that "fairytale" :wub: .... look here ;): #entry310970437

Airiny
view post Posted on 21/6/2009, 11:15

Your writing is very exquisite and beautiful...

When God gave a talent for writing, he get around me soooo faaaaaaaaaaaaar :( :( Goldenove, I must be honest with you. I didn’t write the text. I choose it from their site. And my English is not that good :36_2_58.gif: , but I’m learning :blink:

You sound like a romantic poet.

This sentence is half-truth - I’m very romantic :kaos-pika03.gif: , but I’m not a poet... :kaos-pika24.gif: but, I like to read poetry very much :B):

Cekoni, I saw their performance from Oscar and I was :36_12_16.gif:

I saw your post about them, but I thought they are so great to deserve their own topic. Is it ok? :AddEmoticons04259.gif:

cekoni
view post Posted on 21/6/2009, 15:43

QUOTE (Airiny @ 21/6/2009, 12:15)
Cekoni, I saw their performance from Oscar and I was :36_12_16.gif:

I saw your post about them, but I thought they are so great to deserve their own topic. Is it ok? :AddEmoticons04259.gif:

Yes, this performance of their complete sublimation - "all" arts in one place :B):

I gave you the link, just if you did not see this my post ;)

Airiny
view post Posted on 21/6/2009, 17:41

Goldenove

GoldenDove, sorry for mistake :huh:

goldendove
view post Posted on 21/6/2009, 23:05

That's ok, Airiny. Not a problem. Mistake happens a lot when typing. :)

Though you might not have written the text, I still like your romantic tastes very much. I love poetry, too!

Airiny
view post Posted on 22/6/2009, 20:05

Though you might not have written the text, I still like your romantic tastes very much. I love poetry, too!

Thank you :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

Varekai was the first one, and then Alegria came (to my hardisc)...

Alegría is a mood, a state of mind. The themes of the show, whose name means "jubilation" in Spanish, are many. Power and the handing down of power over time, the evolution from ancient monarchies to modern democracies, old age, youth—it is against this backdrop that the characters of Alegría play out their lives. Kings' fools, minstrels, beggars, old aristocrats and children make up its universe, along with the clowns, who alone are able to resist the passing of time and the social transformations that accompany it.

And after that, I was TOTALLY crazy about them!!!!!

P.S. If someone needs something from CdS, please let me now. I'll gladely help, if I have it :rolleyes: :)

cekoni
view post Posted on 22/6/2009, 23:59

QUOTE (Airiny @ 22/6/2009, 21:05)
P.S. If someone needs something from CdS, please let me now. I'll gladely help, if I have it :rolleyes: :)

Thank you for your offer, but I already have almost all of their music albums and most of the video clips ;) .... In any case, continue with your nice presentation :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

8 replies since 20/6/2009, 17:53   134 views