Greetings!

« Older   Newer »
goldendove
view post Posted on 15/5/2009, 08:39 by: goldendove

Hi! I just got registered as a member of this forum. It is such a pleasure to meet Plush fans all over the world!

Let me briefly introduce myself. My name is Sumin, but you may refer to me as my nickname "goldendove". I'm from Korea, and I'm a huge fan of "Czar" Evgeny and our beloved skater Yu-Na Kim.

The first time I ever saw Plush on TV was back in 1998, skating to the music Jean Michel Jarre Medley at the World Championships. At that time, I barely knew about figure skating. As you probably know, figure skating had never been a popular sport in my country until Yu-Na appeared. :lol: Anyways, the moment I first saw Plush's skating, I was really hooked. I guess that he was the one who really got me into the thrill and charm of figure skating competitions.

I remember I was rather surprised when I heard the sports casters said Evgeny was only 15 years old. Though I didn't know much about figure skating, there was something very special about little Plush that drew me like a magnet. What intrigued me the most was really cool and poised expression on his face. Gosh, he was only a kid, but already knew how to carry himself with composure on ice. He seemed unusually "mature" for his age. Later I got to know his childhood story and how he moved to another city to train with Mishin, separated from dear parents. From then on, I became his fan and started to cheer for him at every competition.

Ahh... I can't believe it's been over 10 years since that time. The little Plush in my memory has grown up and been though a lot of change - Now he is a legendary skater, the one and only! Of courese, I am so excited about his expected return to amateur sport! I miss his skating at the competition so much! Whether he gets a medal or no, he will always be my favorite skater of all time.

To be honest, I have been visiting this forum for the past several months but was too shy to leave a comment. Please pardon me for not having introduced myself earlier. I've been actually translating some of the news updated here to share with other Plush fans at "FeverSkating", the biggest figure skating fan forum in Korea. (www.feverskating.com)

A lot of Plush fans in Korea(who call themselves "Czar's royals", you might have heard of the nickname) are happy for his return and dying to see him in Yu-Na's ice show one day.

Sorry for blabbing endlessly! Again, it's so nice to meet everyone here. I hope I could get along with all of you. :AddEmoticons04225.gif:

- goldendove

18 replies since 15/5/2009, 08:39   344 views