Interviews & Magazines, (old and new)

« Older   Newer »
dimitra
view post Posted on 29/4/2010, 14:11 by: dimitra

interview

www.segodnya.ua/interview/14132712.html

Evgeni Plushenko: "My son a long time called me Uncle"

The well-known sportsman, and the "ideological inspirer" of the show "Kings on Ice" talks about his difficult relationship with his 3-year-old son and ex-wife, his struggles with childhood fears, and why you should do only one thing at a time.

- Evgeni, in your show "Kings on Ice", we can hear a lot of classical music, even a Stradivarius violin played by Edvin Marton...
- It's just so beautiful. Personally, I prefer to listen to a good chanson. Anyway, the genre isn't that important. The important thing is that the performer appearances without "playback". I don't like this.

- I found an interesting fact on the internet - they say you are afraid from water?
- It's not so. I was afraid to swim, when I was a child. But, I've overcome this fear. I go to the pool just for that.

- How were you as a child? Did you parents dicipline you much?
- You know, they didn't. I was a very obedient kid. I got all 5's (best grade). Well, at least, until sith class. After that, they closed my figure skating school and then I had to move to a different city. After that, I had to use to phone, to communicate with my parents.

- It looks like it's commonly. After all, with your son (three-year Egor - from a previous marriage to Maria Ermak. The boy has her last name - Author) you also primarly use the telephone to talk.
- If I have the chance, I always meet with Egorka. We have a lot of walking. We go to the circus and to the zoo. But his mom likes to attend, when we meet. And I really don't like that. For a long time, Egor even called me uncle. My ex-wife did this. At one time, she even said me that he wasn't my son. Although now that he's grown - you can see it in his face. He's a Plushenko. Egor himself, recently, quite unexpectedly began calling me 'Dad'.

- Do you often spoil him with gifts? If yes, what kind?
- Obviously, I try as often as possible. For example, on his last birthday, I gave him a gasoline powered four-wheeler. He was very happy - he'd been wishing for it for a long time.

- How do you usually spend your free time?
- I love movies. The recent movies I've likes are "Love in the Big City-2" ("Любовь в большом городе") and "We are from the Future-2" ("Мы из будущего"). A very powerful movie about war! Aside from that, Yana (Yana Rudkovskaya - producer of Dima Bilan, and the second wife of the athlete) and I go somewhere. We go bowling. Truthfully, my "other half" plays very well, and often gets more strikes (when all the pins fall from one ball - Author), than I do.

- I've heard to you are a pretty adventureous person. You really go bowling, just "for fun"?
- Well, no, we gamble. But I assure you, we only gamble with small amounts of money.

- If you did not become who you are today, a figure skater, what proffession would you choose?
- Entirely something associated with sports. I wouldn't have been happy with any other activity. Only sports. And it's not even that important which sport. I'm good almost in every sport. Football, for example... I'm not bad at it.

- And Egor, what destiny do you wish for him? Do you want him to follow your footsteps?
- That's his decision. Of course, I would be pleased, if he decides to continue my work. And if he decided that hockey is his calling - well, why not?

- Do you think about starting your own business?
- My only business is figure skating. But seriously, when I tried to run a hotel with my ex-father in law, it did not end well for me. So, it's only worth doing something, if you're good at it. Don't overextend yourself doing everything, at once.

- What do you plan to do next?
- Thruthfully, I woould like to continue skating as long as possible. Making me and my fans happy. How long that'll last, I don't know. Later, it's possible I'll become a coach. Time will tell. Right now I want to rest for a bit, and take care of myself. More precisely, my injury - I had damaged cruciate ligament. Therefore, I'll finish skating "Kings on Ice", and go to Munich - surrender to the mercy of their doctors. They have real magicians working there. It's not the first time I've "dealt" with them, and I know what kind of miracles they are capable of. They'll tune me up and fix me, where I need to be tunedup and fixed.

- You are known for your aversion according the journalists?
- Not according to the journalists, than to the tabloids. After the last Olympics, there was a lot of dirt and false things said about me in the media. They invented words, which I did not say, attributed to me the actions, which I not commit... On the other hand, it means that I'm still interesting. Who knows?

----------------------------

Find his wife at Eurovision

Evgeni Plushenko was born on 03.11.1982 in the Solnechny (Khabarovsky region, Russia)

Olympic gold medalist in 2006, two-time Olympic silver medalist (2002 and 2010), three-time world champion and six-time European champion in men's figure skating. Honored Master of Sports of Russia. The organizer of the popular sports show "Kings on ice" From the first marriage is three year old son Egor. The second wife of an athlete was the producer of Dima Bilan's, Yana Rudkovskaya, with whom Evgeni started the romance during the "Eurovision-2008" (where he was skating in a song of Bilan's).

Edited by cekoni - 30/4/2010, 02:48

177 replies since 14/12/2008, 00:01   7847 views