Interviews & Magazines, (old and new)

« Older   Newer »
cekoni
view post Posted on 26/3/2010, 07:49 by: cekoni

24.03.2010 - Video from press conference in St. Petersburg on the occasion of 2 shows in Russia, 30/31 March.... the journalists were asked him and about injury... :B):

VIEW:
www.tv100.ru/news/Evgenij-Pljuwenko...ozmozhno-22648/

... translation by Ximena:

Evgeni Plushenko: "Going on the world championship without a quadruple jump is impossible"

Evgeni Plushenko, the Olympic champion in 2006 in figure skating:

"I had an MRI scan, and the doctors said: "Well, don't put much stress into it, you can skate, but you can't jump a quadruple!
"Why?"
"Because the right knee does won't hold the landing of the quadruple jump."
We decided with my team - that going to the World Championship without a quadruple jump was impossible, I would just not win.

I am a little offended that they say, that I'm not going mostly because someone else didn't go, that is just nonsense. I waited, I practiced until recently, I tried to do a quadruple. But when from 10 tries, you can only do two, it's impossible to go! My leg can't take it. I thank the people who do not deceive me, who love, appreciate, respect, thanks to them, I'm not just staying in the sport just because, I want to please you all.

On May 1st I have a meeting with doctors in Munich, because I have a cyst, that has to be removed. There is a problem with the meniscus and a problem with cruciate ligament. But most important of all is what I want to do now is to skate for the next four season and compete at the Games in 2014. My idea and my goal, the Olympics in my home land."

Edited by cekoni - 26/3/2010, 08:36

177 replies since 14/12/2008, 00:01   7847 views