Interviews & Magazines, (old and new)

« Older   Newer »
fialka
view post Posted on 15/4/2009, 13:25 by: fialka

QUOTE (fialka @ 6/4/2009, 11:28)
I cannot use scan, so here at least photos of it.
image image image
image image

Some interesting questions and answers:

What about your training? Why did you postpone your comeback?
I wanted to compete last year but I trained too much. In last summer I trained very hard, I had four summer camps. It was too much for my knees, they started to pain. I had to have cures in Germany where I went for injections. That is the reason why I postponed my comeback. I realised that I couldn't compete for the highest goals. But now I train very hard. I have my training theree times a day - morning and evening on ice and I have also physical training off ice.

You have lost your weight ...
Yes, of course. If somebody know me well, he (she) sees changes on my face ... I have it more stretched. You know, it is not easy to be back in competitions. It is very difficult process. But I have made this risk. In September I would like to skate in small competitions in Russia, then small international competitions. My goal is to be the part of Russia's representation team. I want to compete on Russian Nationals, then European championships and then Olympic Games in Vancouver. I would like to compete for medal in Vancouver. I hope I will be able to do it because Vancouver is symbolic place for me.
I won there in 2001 World championships.

A. Mishin says that your combecak is dependent on your 100 % physical and mental preparation. On how many percents are you now?
I train very hard for my physical preparation. I have the coach - he is an athlete - and other people - dietologists, doctors, masseurs. I don't regret spending money on them. If you want to be the best, you have to train very hard. As for mental preparation, I have to try some competition to know my readiness.

You were considered as the sportsman with iron nerves. Were there any moments you lost your nerves?
I must say that I am not robot. Of course, there were some short circuits. For example when I lost. It was very hard for me. But I am not scared of loss now. I know that life goes on, that there are other interesting things, that life is interesting (even if it is difficult). I will try to be best but if I lose (it can happen), the world won't fall down.

Last year you said that Plushenko accpets only gold. Isn't it true?
I will fight for gold. But will I be successful? Only God knows it.

Have you ever tried to play on something?
I tried to learn how to play on guitar. After 40 minutes I have given up. It was not my cup of tea.

Has your dream of acting in historical film come true?
I have lots of bids. But I refuse everything now.

For what films do you have bids?
For Russian historical films, Russian present films and also some thrillers. I have already worked with aducationists. It is very interesting to do something, jump, move and also speak loud and right synchronously. You have to have time for learning it. I don't have time for it now.

Is there something you don't want to try?
I don't have courage for jumping with parachute, or for swimming with shark. There are many things I don't want to try. But there are also many things I want to try.

177 replies since 14/12/2008, 00:01   7847 views