All about Yu-Na Kim, For those who like watching her skating

« Older   Newer »
goldendove
view post Posted on 21/6/2009, 03:12

Glad to hear that your favorite skater is Yu-Na Kim. :wub:

QUOTE (Airiny @ 18/6/2009, 22:55)
Here is the video of her, skating on Moonlight, also one of my favourite piece :)

https://www.youtube.com/v/u4Vi2QweFww&hl=en&fs=1&

It is a fan-made montage with "Clair de lune(moonlight)".
The original music she skated to was "Once Upon A Dream" by Linda Edder.

Did you know there was a really sad, tearful stroy behind this gala program?

The story goes back to the year of 2007...

Plushy fans will remember the occasion when Plushy visited Korea again for annual Super Match, and how the show was cancelled because the arena got caught on fire and burnt down.

At that time, Yu-Na was one of the guest skaters who was invited to the show just as Plushenko, Yagudin or others were. A few hours after the fire, the show agent Sema and sponsor Hyundai Card did something very terrible to Yu-Na. All of a sudden, the name of the show changed from "Hyundai Card Super Match V 07 Superstars On Ice" to "Yu-Na Kim Ice Show". These nasty businessmen took it out on Yu-Na and forced her to make an apology at press conference as if it were Yu-Na's responsibility that the show was cancelled!

As you can see in the picture, there was no one but Yu-na alone at the press conference.

http://www.cbs.co.kr/nocut/show.asp?idx=617792

The cowardly producer, director and sponsor people were all hiding in the back, and this 16-year-old little girl had to make an apology for the fire and cancellation.

What's even worse, Sema and Hyundai Card did nothing at all. Yu-Na alone gave a free performance to the fans in compensation at the amusement park, which is "Once Upon A Dream", an exhibition program ever presented in front of audience only this time once. I cannnot watch this program without tears. So fragile to bear such burdens on her little shoulders... yet she seems so peaceful and transcendent in this video, almost ethereal.

(I recomment you to watch it in high quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IlzLY_nhFw)

Actually, this public rink in the amusement park used to be Yu-Na's main training place because she never had her own rink to practice at in Korea. Imagine she had to go to a public rink where people take photos of her, and where there is no proper heating system that she would get injured frequently. 2008-2009 was the first season she's been completely injury-free as now she trains in Toronto.

Nonetheless,Yu-Na never forgets her hard old days, and a lot of the money she earns from starring in commercials goes to funding for young prospective figure skaters. This is one of the reasons why Koreans adore her so much - she's totally the underdog dream come true. No funding, no support, no sponsors...yet she made it through. I'm always in awe of her perfection, because I know all the difficulties she must have gone through to get there.

Yu-na Kim performing "Once Upon A Dream" 2007.9.16 Seoul Lotteworld Ice rink.

Edited by goldendove - 9/7/2009, 08:37

Airiny
view post Posted on 21/6/2009, 10:32

Oh, what a story!!!!! I respect her even more now!!!!!

The cowardly producer, director and sponsor people were all hiding in the back, and this 16-year-old little girl had to make an apology for the fire and cancellation.

I don’t have a word for that guys :AddEmoticons0216.gif: Actually, I do, but I don’t want to use swears here :alienff:

goldendove
view post Posted on 21/6/2009, 23:09

Plushy and Yuna in 2006 :lol:

cekoni
view post Posted on 22/6/2009, 05:35

QUOTE (goldendove @ 22/6/2009, 05:11)
btw, did you see the old pictures of Plushy and Yuna that I posted? :)

http://plushenko.forumfree.net/?t=40151569&st=15

I have seen some before, but not all - thanks :lol:

... this is some other skater "Yuna"? :huh: ... in general, she do not look like on Yu-Na today... :AddEmoticons04259.gif:

goldendove
view post Posted on 22/6/2009, 07:06

QUOTE (cekoni @ 22/6/2009, 06:35)
... this is some other skater "Yuna"? :huh: ... in general, she do not look like on Yu-Na today... :AddEmoticons04259.gif:

It's the same Yu-Na Kim! :lol:
At that time she still had her braces on her teeth, which explains the shy smile on her face. 15 years old, just a kid.

That timid little girl has grown up so much over the past years and blossomed into a woman. ^_^

cekoni
view post Posted on 22/6/2009, 21:45

QUOTE (goldendove @ 22/6/2009, 08:06)
... 15 years old, just a kid.

That timid little girl has grown up so much over the past years and blossomed into a woman. ^_^

Oh, yes - just a kid :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

Today, she is so self-confident, powerful, and at the same time - graceful and cute girl ^_^

goldendove
view post Posted on 30/6/2009, 02:50

In memory of Michael Jackson, the greatest musician of our time. May his soul rest in peace...

Yu-Na Kim 2005 Jr. Worlds Ex "Ben"

goldendove
view post Posted on 2/7/2009, 03:57

OMG... Michelle Kwan is coming to Yu-Na's show this August.
Who would have thought this could possibly happen in Korea, where there aren't even proper figure skating facilities!!

http://www.xportsnews.com/tabid/92/EntryID...KR/Default.aspx

According to the news, Kwan is going to present two new gala programs.

http://www.cbs.co.kr/Nocut/Show.asp?IDX=1192218

:36_1_55.gif:

Edited by goldendove - 4/7/2009, 10:33

goldendove
view post Posted on 1/8/2009, 04:25

*NEWS ABOUT YUNA'S NEW PROGRAM MUSIC & TECHNICAL IMPROVEMENTS*

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp...6&vkey=ice_news

Orser's Olympic creds a boon to Kim's 2010 campaign
Korean superstar prompts coach to ponder 1988 game plan

(07/31/2009) - Brian Orser had a revelation recently about his own Olympic bid for gold in 1988, courtesy of his star student, world champion Yu-Na Kim.

In the run-up to those Games and the storied Battle of the Brians, the Canadian sports icon recalls he did not up his technical ante after winning the world title in 1987. Not challenging himself technically was a mistake, suggests the Olympic silver medalist who finished second by the slimmest of margins to American Brian Boitano in Calgary.

Kim, a gold medal favorite for 2010, on the other hand, has no intention of resting on her laurels.

"I'm so proud of her that this season she's challenging herself rather than just coasting on being world champion," Orser told icenetwork.com. "We left a few points on the table last year and she still broke records [for highest-ever scores]. She's looking at 215 points and last year we were trying to break 200."

"I just wanted to stay the course [in 1987-88] and I needed to take it to a higher level. That's what I'm feeling now that I'm in it with Yu-Na and seeing what she's doing."

Kim, who turns 19 in September, has already decided to make her triple-triple combination this season a Lutz-toe loop in both programs. That combo garners a half point more than the flip-toe she did last season. As well, the Korean superstar, who has trained full-time in Toronto with Orser the last three seasons, has improved her spins and speed and is looking to surpass her scores on the artistic side of the ledger.

In choosing the music for Kim's Olympic season programs, Orser and choreographer David Wilson knew it would be difficult to top last season's selections, particularly "Danse Macabre," to which Kim's sensational short program was set. Consideration was actually given to holding that piece in reserve if it was later determined the new music could not match the impact of "Danse Macabre." Orser now believes that will not be necessary.

"Her new programs are just over the top. They are just so good. I take my hat off to David Wilson," Orser said, noting that several people collaborated to come up with ideas for Kim's new music.

"Its' a whole different direction and it's fantastic."

Kim will announce her program music at a news conference in Seoul in mid-August when she and Orser travel there for three, star-studded shows entitled All-Stars on Ice. Orser did shed some light on the selections, however.

"The long program is one of those programs that you can visualize on the final night for the ladies Olympic program. It's one of those great programs and you visualize people on their feet," said Orser, indicating that the choice is a piano concerto with "nice pacing" which people will recognize instantly.

"The short is completely different," Orser said. "It's fierce. It's powerful and it's strong. That's what she likes to skate to for the short program. She doesn't like any fluff, so we've taken that knowledge after working with her for four years. We know that about her and she knows that about her. It's mature and even on the verge of sexy."
Given the intense pressure Kim will be under this season, few other coaches have the credentials -- the knowledge, experience and the insight -- that Orser does to understand how she feels and ensure she is not overwhelmed by her frontrunner status and potentially overwhelming attention from media, sponsors and fans.

"She seems to really embrace this whole Olympic season. She's not afraid of it. The main thing for me is to keep her on a schedule, keep her on a plan that is consistent -- that we allow down time, that she's not racing off to do too many commercials, that she's allowing herself to stay focused," said Orser, who also claimed Olympic silver in 1984 behind Scott Hamilton.

"When everybody starts grabbing at you and wanting this and wanting that, the next thing you know you've missed a couple of weeks," he added, noting that any commercials Kim does for sponsors such as Nike, Hyundi or Samsung, must now be shot in Toronto.

"A lot of it is planning, going by our last season which was a textbook season -- even with not winning the Grand Prix Final. We understand her peaking, her pacing for the year, so we're going to try to follow the same template for this season.

"For Paris [Grand Prix], she wants to be really hot. She wants to be really good and she wants people talking about the programs, to be in great shape," Orser said, noting that the field in Paris will be very strong with Mao Asada, Carolina Kostner, Caroline Zhang and Sasha Cohen.

Kim's second assignment is Skate America.

"What we're determined to do is stay home, stay behind closed doors and train and have as few distractions as possible. We have enough people around us that can make that happen. It helps that we skate in a private club and she has a sense of safety there. She feels comfortable. She can have her good days and bad days and she's not being judged and no one's going to be out there putting it out on YouTube," said Orser.

"That's the one thing I didn't have to deal with in 1988 is every step being documented somehow, and all the [Korean fan] blogs. They love her skating, but they also have their opinions. But, you can't try to please everybody."

In the last month or so, Orser reports there has been a steady stream of media interviews including NBC, CTV, and Discovery Channel -- which is producing a documentary on Kim -- all jockeying for her time and attention.

"Recently, it just went wild. It's really been kind of overwhelming and I just see the tension and stress level going up around the Kim camp. I am trying to keep it so we're just training and keeping things normal," Orser said.

When Orser, now 47, began working with Kim four seasons ago, he was a rookie in the coaching realm.

"[The Olympic season] is here and it's happening, but I seem to have a grip on everything," he said, chuckling. "It's consuming. It's good, though. I like it. It fits well. I feel confident. The first year I was 'What? Where am I?' Now, I seem to be a step ahead of any potential situation or distraction."

When Kim returns from Korea in August, she will concentrate solely on training until she and training mate Adam Rippon, the twice reigning world junior champ, depart for Paris in mid-October for the first Grand Prix of the Olympic season.

goldendove
view post Posted on 1/8/2009, 04:46

I'm delighted to know Yu-Na's going to put Triple Lutz-Triple ToeLoop combination in both of her programs. What a nice surprise for fans. I love her consistent 3F-3T all the same, but different jump variations make it more exciting to watch. :wub:

Speaking of jumps... below is a helpful guide of "How to distinguish jumps in figure skating".

Kim Yu-Na's Six Textbook Jumps

Yu-Na's six jumps demonstrate the textbook postures (textbook arm and leg positions) as well as the proper use of the edge on take-off.

*Watch in HQ(HD)*

cekoni
view post Posted on 1/8/2009, 22:45

QUOTE (goldendove @ 1/8/2009, 05:46)
... Speaking of jumps... below is a helpful guide of "How to distinguish jumps in figure skating".

Kim Yu-Na's Six Textbook Jumps

Yu-Na's six jumps demonstrate the textbook postures (textbook arm and leg positions) as well as the proper use of the edge on take-off.

(IMG:http://www.koreanfs.com/standard/home/medi...mps_English.jpg)

Thanks :rolleyes: .... but to me and still is not clear how to recognize jumps in the movement :blink: ... except the axel - it recognizes :D

Yu-na Kim photo albums ;)
http://figuregallery.tistory.com/tag/Yu-Na%20Kim

cekoni
view post Posted on 11/8/2009, 02:20

http://auntjoyceicecreamstand.blogspot.com...c-revealed.html
10.08. 2009

Yu-Na Kim's Music Revealed

Short Program: 007 James Bond Second Theme Song (Thunderbolt - Die Another Day -From Russia With Love - Dr. No)

Free Skate: Piano Concerto in F Major composed by George Gershwin (from Allegro and Allegro Agitato)

Both programs were choreographed by David Wilson.

"The long program is one of those programs that you can visualize on the final night for the ladies Olympic program. It's one of those great programs and you visualize people on their feet," said Orser, indicating that the choice is a piano concerto with "nice pacing" which people will recognize instantly.

"The short is completely different," Orser said. "It's fierce. It's powerful and it's strong. That's what she likes to skate to for the short program. She doesn't like any fluff, so we've taken that knowledge after working with her for four years. We know that about her and she knows that about her. It's mature and even on the verge of sexy."

Edited by cekoni - 12/8/2009, 02:11

goldendove
view post Posted on 12/8/2009, 01:17

Yu-Na's new SP 007 Teaser Trailer by DES (with video parts from "Don't Stop the Music")

Programs List for 2009 ICE ALL STARS (8.14~16 in Seoul)

http://www.iceallstars.co.kr/html/program.html

ACT 1
Opening: Fanfare For the Common Man/ Priates Of The Caribbean OST
01. Adam Rippon: Jonathan Livingston Seagull
02. Shae-Lynn Bourne: La Cumparsita
03. Shen Xue & Zhao Hongbo: Lo Ci Saro
04. Stephane Lambiel: Four Seasons (Vivaldi)
05. Albena Denkova & Maxim Staviski: Libertango (Vasko Vassilev)
06. Shizuka Arakawa: You raise me up (Celtic Women)
07. Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy: Send In The Clowns (Stephen Sondheim)
08. Ilia Kulik: Song For the King (Michael W. Smith)
09. Yuna Kim: Danse Macabre (Camille Saint-Saens)
10. Michelle Kwan: Carmina Burana <mix ver.> (Carl Orff)
Closing: Mondschein (Beethoven)

ACT 2
Opening: Michael Jackson Mix Music (Michael Jackson)
01. Shae-Lynn Bourne: All that Jazz
02. Adam Rippon: I'm yours (Jason Mraz)
03. Albena Denkova & Maxim Staviski: Cry Me a River (Justin Timberlake)
04. Ilia Kulik: Deal with it (Corbin Bleu)
05. Shen Xue & Zhao Hongbo: Ramalama Bang Bang (Roisin Murphy)
06. Stephane Lambiel: Ne me Quitte pas
07. Michelle Kwan: Winter Song (Sara Bareilles with Ingrid Michaelson)
08. Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy: Fascination (Alphabeat)
09. Shizuka Arakawa: Candyman (Christina Aguilera)
10. Yuna Kim: Don't Stop the Music (Rihanna)
11. Davichi: 8282
12. Finale: We are the champions (Queen)
Encore: I will survive (Gloria Gaynor)

Edited by goldendove - 12/8/2009, 02:51

kudryavka
view post Posted on 12/8/2009, 04:14

:woot: I am waiting for video of this show!!!!! I wanna watch Yuna's new program!!!!! :36_3_22.gif:

goldendove
view post Posted on 17/8/2009, 04:48

To see high-quality pics, click here

I went to see Yuna's show last night, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen! I had such a great time. I really wish they will release DVD. Below are some videos of highlights.

Opening: Priates Of The Caribbean OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZaC6_vNRS4

Yuna Kim: Danse Macabre (Camille Saint-Saens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4_uV-eHe_o

Part 1. Closing: Mondschein (Beethoven)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqsG2toKeBY

Part2. Opening: Michael Jackson Mix Music (Michael Jackson)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWL9spEJko0

Yuna Kim: Don't Stop the Music (Rihanna)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXUw3FLd6X4

Finale: We are the champions (Queen)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LmbKt2RdgI

You can go to this link to watch the whole show. (Part 1 to Part 11)

2009 ICE ALL STARS

MK was just fabulous and received the loudest applause next to Yuna, and Ilia Kulik totaly blew away the arena. Other skaters also had wonderful performances and they all seemed to be very happy and having so much fun throughout the evening!

(btw, Takahashi Daisuke was seen at the VIP stand as an audience on Friday night.)

It was so sweet when Michelle Kwan introduced Yuna as "a great athlete, a great artist, a great champion. Watching her touches your heart. World champion and my friend... Korea's own Yu-Na Kim".

** Black Swan & White Swan

Edited by goldendove - 17/8/2009, 07:09

33 replies since 9/6/2009, 04:34   8750 views