His name in foreign languages

« Older   Newer »
kudryavka
view post Posted on 21/5/2009, 14:40

Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, if you don't learn each other's language, you don't understand what they talking. Our ancestor wrote Chinese characters and communicated each others. Japanese and Chinese still can communicate in writing. But, it is not 100% understand. We understand only each other's "word."

In English "i read a book"
In Chinese "wo du shu"
In Korean "na neun chaek eul il neun da" (goldendove, is it right? :lol: )
In Japanese "watashi wa hon wo yomu"

:wacko:

Edited by kudryavka - 22/5/2009, 00:09

dimitra
view post Posted on 21/5/2009, 23:35

wow, so Kim Yu na and Takahashi is not their real names?
and how is plushy in korean and japaned nick name?
great infos!

kudryavka
view post Posted on 22/5/2009, 01:14

QUOTE (dimitra @ 22/5/2009, 08:35)
wow, so Kim Yu na and Takahashi is not their real names?
and how is plushy in korean and japaned nick name?
great infos!

Takahashi's real name is "高橋大輔." ("Takahashi Daisuke" "たかはしだいすけ" "タカハシダイスケ" are also his real names, though.)
Chinese character has a sound and a meaning. So his parents thought balance of sound and meaning when he was born.
His nick name is "Dai chan." And, Asada's nick name is "Mao chan," Arakawa is "Shi chan." Ando is "Miki chan." "~chan" usually used for nickname of chirdren and young girls.

Plushy's nick in Japanese: Plu, Plu-chan, Zhenya, Uchujin (meaning "alien" "being from space" ) :alienff: :36_11_6.gif:

Kim's ... I don't know. Please, goldendoooooooooove! :lol:

dimitra
view post Posted on 22/5/2009, 01:39

no i was asking because you said he is called Shao Pu and Kim Yu na means Golden beautiful girl..
i m confused maybe..?

goldendove
view post Posted on 22/5/2009, 03:22

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 21/5/2009, 15:40)
In Chinese "wo du shu"
In Korean "na neun chaek eul il neun da" (goldendove, is it right? :lol: )
In Japanese "watashi wa hon wo yomu"

I'm very impressed by your knowledge, kudryavka! Are you multilingual? You seem to know a lot about different languages. Hope I could learn from you. :)

QUOTE (dimitra @ 22/5/2009, 02:39)
no i was asking because you said he is called Shao Pu and Kim Yu na means Golden beautiful girl..
i m confused maybe..?

Kim Yu-Na is her real name. It's just that it has a meaning, like the english name "Grace" could mean someone who is graceful or "Stella" conveys the meaning of "(bright) Star".

As for her nickname, we often call her "Queen Yu-Na" because it sounds similar to "Kim Yu-Na". :kaos-pika01.gif:

By the way, I find it thrilling when journalists compare Yu-Na to Evgeny, my first love in figure skating.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/olym...ooks_skati.html

"She's the most ruthless, dominating skater we've seen in elite competition since Evgeni Plushenko of Russia blew away all comers at the 2006 Turin Games. (BTW: He's threatening to end his retirement and come back in time for Vancouver. Is Plushenko good enough to lace up the skates less than a year from the Games and still come out on top? Uh, absolutely.)"

cekoni
view post Posted on 22/5/2009, 06:19

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 21/5/2009, 15:40)
Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, if you don't learn each other's language, you don't understand what they talking. Our ancestor wrote Chinese characters and communicated each others. Japanese and Chinese still can communicate in writing. But, it is not 100% understand. We understand only each other's "word."

In Chinese "wo du shu" ....

So, you in most cases - pronounce differently, but write with same letters - same the word (sentence)? :wacko: :AddEmoticons04259.gif: :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

QUOTE (goldendove @ 22/5/2009, 04:22)
Kim Yu-Na is her real name. It's just that it has a meaning, like the english name "Grace" could mean someone who is graceful or "Stella" conveys the meaning of "(bright) Star"......

In my language Yu-na Kim (bold part - yunak) ... means "hero" :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

QUOTE (goldendove @ 22/5/2009, 04:22)
By the way, I find it thrilling when journalists compare Yu-Na to Evgeny, my first love in figure skating.

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/olym...ooks_skati.html ....

You have find this text here ;)
#entry313466517

dimitra
view post Posted on 22/5/2009, 08:58

In greek Evgeni (ευγενής) means two things: polite and coming from aristrocratic origin..,like knights in english history or bourgeoisie in french. I always have that in mind when i hear his name.In greek his name sounds delicate and peaceful.
I think english word is nobleman. :)

cekoni
view post Posted on 23/5/2009, 01:57

QUOTE (dimitra @ 22/5/2009, 09:58)
In greek Evgeni (ευγενής) means two things: polite and coming from aristrocratic origin..,....

I think english word is nobleman. :)

:24vr2mx.gif: you see... are not I always say, that he is noble origin? :rolleyes: ;)

kudryavka
view post Posted on 24/5/2009, 17:57

QUOTE (goldendove @ 22/5/2009, 12:22)
I'm very impressed by your knowledge, kudryavka! Are you multilingual? You seem to know a lot about different languages. Hope I could learn from you. :)

Nooooooo O.o I just googled it. I can speak only Japanese :36_1_13.gif:

QUOTE (dimitra @ 22/5/2009, 02:39)
i m confused maybe..?

I am confused too :wacko: :lol:

Chinese, in particular living in mainland China, call him "Shao Pu"
Japanese call him "Puru" "Puru chan" "Puru san" "Zhenya" ...

QUOTE (cekoni @ 22/5/2009, 15:19)
So, you in most cases - pronounce differently, but write with same letters - same the word (sentence)?

Write the words of Chinese origin (the Chinese borrowed words) are same. But pronounce is different.

... I don't know how I should explain Japanese language. Please read this article's "Writing System," if you're still interested in my language http://web.mit.edu/jpnet/articles/JapaneseLanguage.html :P

cekoni
view post Posted on 24/5/2009, 21:54

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 24/5/2009, 18:57)
... I don't know how I should explain Japanese language. Please read this article's "Writing System," if you're still interested in my language http://web.mit.edu/jpnet/articles/JapaneseLanguage.html :P

:rolleyes: But you explain so nice and easy :D

kudryavka
view post Posted on 25/5/2009, 03:56

Once, young Plushy said that he want to learn Japanese (but he didn't. Maybe he was too busy to study :P ) As far as I know, he speaks some Japanese words. The number of his vocabulary is more than my American ex friend who lives in Tokyo for 5 years. :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

cekoni
view post Posted on 30/5/2009, 02:17

QUOTE (kudryavka @ 25/5/2009, 04:56)
... As far as I know, he speaks some Japanese words. The number of his vocabulary is more than my American ex friend who lives in Tokyo for 5 years. :AddEmoticons04263.gif:

origamy
sayonara
sushi
geisha
samurai
shogun
harakiri
kamikazes
:D

cekoni
view post Posted on 11/6/2009, 05:01

Jevgeni Pljuštšenko (Pluštšenko) ... estoninan :D