Alexei Mishin - News, His coach...............

« Older   Newer »
cekoni
view post Posted on 19/1/2009, 02:22 by: cekoni

Perhaps here is the right place for Mishin's interviews ... :AddEmoticons04259.gif:
---------------------------

http://www.allsport.ru/index.php?id=22877

Alexei Mishin: "Athletes strive to make the elements are not interesting and beautiful, but on the fourth level of complexity"

19-25 January in Helsinki will host European Championships in figure skating. At the 1999 world championships in the Finnish capital of Russia won the team gold, four out of four possible. It has been 10 years, much has changed. Not only as a result of our team, but also in the skating athletes, the set of elements, approaches to programming. The fifth season of figure skating applies «new» refereeing system. Their views on developments related to the new system, the Agency for sports information «All Sports» was Professor Alexei Mishin, to cultivate the three Olympic champions - Alexei Urmanov (1994), Alexei Yagudin (2002) and Evgeni Plushenko (2006).

«I would like to draw an analogy, which immediately rasstavit all points of the "and", and reveal my understanding of this issue - said Alexei Mishin.
- Once skaters competed in drawing figures. These were the "flowers", "landscapes", circular shape... Such competition was short, the judges have been very difficult to determine what is best - "roses or "tulips". The skaters have decided replacing "roses and "tulips" with circles. Athletes were competing, performing circles - two circle, three circle ... all are doing the same. The judges became much easier to assess the skills of each and determine the winner. But those tournaments over time abolished because it was boring to watch and uninteresting. The new system of refereeing all athletes seeking to make a revolution, spiral, steps... not interesting and beautiful, but on the fourth level of complexity. The level is quite hard - as a result of the program to program, we see a very similar combination of elements. Existing rules are aimed to provoke the figure skaters and coaches not to create "roses or "tulips", while demonstrating their skills in such a way that judges can easily compare it with others. So now so difficult to see these flowers. "Roses or "tulips" become rare. Around one daisies - white, with the same amount of petals. And the judges of the opportunity (which, though not always) possible to objectively evaluate and compare the skills of figure skaters. On the other hand, the revolution is now in general have become more diverse, and steps - more complex. Previously, steps was a purely formal enforcement of compulsory elements, dominated by simple steps. And, incidentally, the first who have to perform complex steps programs, was my pupil Evgeni Plushenko - already in the distant 1999, the program «Sabre Dance», on music Khachaturian ».

-------------------

http://www.allsport.ru/index.php?id=22986

Alexei Mishin: "You can not train for a medal, you need to work on skating"

Tomorrow, January 19, in Helsinki starts European Championships in figure skating. Among the Russian participants - Katarina Gerboldt and Andrei Lutay, two student of Professor Alexei Mishin's, brought up three Olympic champions - Alexei Urmanov (1994), Alexei Yagudin (2002) and Evgeni Plushenko (2006). On the preparation of his figure skaters Alexei Mishin told Sport Information Agency «All sports».

«I'll say this: training could take place in the same vein, a competition in another, - said Alexei Mishin, - It's that training took place well, and start turned out unsuccessful. And sometimes vice versa. Sport - a connection pedagogical skills and skills to coach an athlete seasoned success. I am often asked: «What kind of result you expect at this tournament?» You know, very wrong, that could make the coach - to prepare for a medal. When we worked with Zhenya Plushenko, we did everything to perfection. Trained jumps, improved technique, invented new and exciting steps, speed, performance. Worked for skating. At the medal can not be trained. This principle, I keep at work and with Andrei Lutali, and Katarina Gerboldt, and with the other guys. European Championship all set in its place ».

53 replies since 28/11/2008, 21:33   7966 views